Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Box Office Credit Limit hastles

• 03-10-2002 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Whenever i try to order a box office movie i get this error "There is insufficient credit left on your viewing card ..."
    this has been happening since the middle of last month
    since then i call the number and ordered the movie over the phone, every time explaining to them that i keep getting that error and that i want the limit removed, they keep saying something about a callback but it never works (since i still have that error) calling them up makes me less likely to order the movie so they are loosing money from me i find it handy to just use the remote and not having to bother calling anyone

i assumed it was a montly limit so on Tuesday i tried to order a movie and the same error, once i got the error i lost interest and didnt bother calling to order

just right now i am bored and seen an advertisement for 51st state so i decided to watch that at 7:30 i called them and they changed their tone dialing options before i done it quicky because i rememberd ** then 3 but now i have to listen to about 20 options before i got the right one
    anyway i finally got through and got through to this foreign sounding guy who didnt sound like he knew what he was doing, could not order it because the credit limit is exceeded and he has to fill out some paperwork and give it to his supervisors and it will take 24 hours

is this normal procedure for box office?
    i hope i dont have to go through this every time
    all i wanted to do is watch a movie if they made it easier im sure more people would order them

if you have any ideas please tell me
    im off to call them again until i get someone different and try again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i have ordered quite a few box office movies and have never been charged for any of them, even though i have left the phoneline connected for days on end

i dread the day when they decide to charge me for the lot
    why cant they just add septembers movies to the bill for october

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bazza

EricM - I had a similar problem when I got Sky Dig first. I filled in a direct debit and somehow it Sky got my details mixed up so the DD wasn't working and they started sending letters etc... Got that sorted out with a new DD and all was ok - BUT, I started to get this "Insufficient credit" message when ordering movies.

Rang the wonderfully helpful (ha!) Sky call centre and was told that because I had experienced some 'credit issues' a zero credit limit was placed on my account. I was told that once my direct debit had cleared for three months in a row, I could have the limit removed, but until then I would have to order by phone.

So, I waited the 3 motnhs and yes, I had to ring up again and get the limit removed (and explain the whole story to some other wonderfully helpful (HA!) Scottish lassie). Pity they couldn't remove that limit automagically. I was told to wait about 24 hours and I should be able to order via the remote. Low and behold, it now works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

EricM - do you have the Sky Digibox connected to the phonline?

The "callback" they are referring to is the Digibox calling them back. It sounds like you have ordered movies before, the details (and cost) of these are stored on the Digibox. When the digibox is plugged into the phone line, it will send Sky the details of the movies. Once Sky have the details, they can bill you the following month.

If the digibox does not get a chance to call Sky, it adds up the cost of all your movies and if it exceeds a limit (usually 50 or so Euro), it will not allow you to order any more until the digibox calls Sky. It's an automated process, that usually happens in the middle of the night at no cost to you (it's a freephone number). All you have to do is leave the digibox plugged into the phone line (and of course the power supply).

HTH,

TD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

We used to get billed monthly at the start, but now they save them up and send out a bill after ages when you'd forgotten about them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭EricM

Originally posted by tom dunne
    EricM - do you have the Sky Digibox connected to the phonline?

The "callback" they are referring to is the Digibox calling them back. It sounds like you have ordered movies before, the details (and cost) of these are stored on the Digibox. When the digibox is plugged into the phone line, it will send Sky the details of the movies. Once Sky have the details, they can bill you the following month.

If the digibox does not get a chance to call Sky, it adds up the cost of all your movies and if it exceeds a limit (usually 50 or so Euro), it will not allow you to order any more until the digibox calls Sky. It's an automated process, that usually happens in the middle of the night at no cost to you (it's a freephone number). All you have to do is leave the digibox plugged into the phone line (and of course the power supply).

HTH,

TD.

i do have it connected to the phoneline all the time but im on the internet all day long and i leave it on all night downloading (thank god for NoLimits :) ) so it doesnt get any time to make calls except for the weekend when im not here at all

how do i make the digibox do a callback?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm not sure how you can make it call back. All I do is leave it plugged in over night - with the telephone line free, of course.;)

Advertisement