Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Mark 2001 se texture converter prob

• 03-10-2002 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

I wonder if some one could help me with a problem on 3d mark 2001 se.When i try to install it a screen comes up saying ( texture converter setup error ) ( could not create direct 3d device ) reduce ur desktop colour depth to 16-bit and run setup again.Well i changed the colour to 16-bit and still diddent work.I also went to the support page and it told me to do what i already tryd. Iv also tryd dxdiag and everthing is fine!

my sys is:

win 2k
    amd xp 2000+
    gefore 4 ti4400

THX in advance. COMBATCOW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

which version of directx do you have? upgrade to 8.1 and it might work.

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah i already have dx 8.1.I re-installed it again ne way but no difference.???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

This worked for me but i dont know if it'll work for you. follow these instructions:
    Start-Run dxdiag. when the diagnostic tool comes up ad loads, go to the display tab and just run the test for D3D. also enable the Direct X features. this worked for me but i dunno if you've already tried it.

Thx pyro but everthing seems to be ok with that. it runs the diret3d test with directx 7.? than 8.? and they are both completed fine.Also the direct 3d options are all enabled.i dunno wot's goin on??.

COMBATCOW >:^(

sorry m8 then im stumped. i never really did have a good knowledge of fixin software/hardware. although....did u try cleanin the cd? its probably not it but it did wonders for a game of mine that didn't work......

• Advertisement

Thx ne way.I wish it was somthing as simple as a dirty cd but it's not on a cd......Its on me hard drive and iv downloaded it from 2-3 diff sites just incase the download was bad and also got it of a old pczone dvd.... i might try 2 install 3d mark 2000 but that only teast directx 7 dosent it?.O well >:^(

COMBATCOW

ps.I will post on ur direct 3d errors thread if ne thing happens.

hmmm. well i installed it from the pczone dvd disk aswell and it runs grand. hmm. i dunno. try reinstallin direct x and mayb downgrade the drivers your usin. as for your massive slow down in UT2003, go into the ut2003.ini file and search for the cache size and set it to however much you want. you've seen my specs, i have 256sdram aswell and i have it set to 130. i have a worse grfx and processor than you and i get a steady stream of 30-40 with everythin up to the top. bout 60-70 with things dropped a little.

I downloaded the 30.82 nvidia drivers and they seem to work fine with ut2k3 no slowdown @ all or pausing.I also ran the benchmark in the system folder in 1024x768 and got 130 fps in flyby and 43 fps in botmatch.I think the fps in game is actually higher than that tho.ps. thats with everthing set to the max....hehehe.Tiz funny when the dude says holy $hit when u turn on somthin like triliniar filtering and things.Im gonna buy extra 256 ram 2day neway and will report back.wheather 3d mark works or not i still have to try.but u cant have everthing.Thx pyro

COMBATCOW >:^)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

did you install the card as a standard pci graphics adapter before installing the detonators?

Nope will that make a difference ???
    I thought they were just generic drivers or somthin.

COMBATCOW

• Advertisement

STOP PRESS:Thx for all ur help guys i tested the 256 viking ram i bought 2 day in itdirect for 55 yoyo's ( nice ) and it seams to make a great difference the ut2k3 benchmark is now @ flyby:142 fps and botmatch:53 fps >:^) .Ut2k3 runs like a dream with the graphics maxed out.O and another thing i bought a new keybord today in maplin ( Trust-silverline direct access keyboard )it was only 25 yoyo's ( bargan ) on special.it has 13 function keys whitch i think are really cool.it's a nice silver and black colour + there is no annoying click's from the keys when u press them.If ur gonna get 1 id suggest getting the latest drivers off their website www.trust.com/12836 and not using the one's off the cd ( prob with direct x or somthin )

COMBATCOW :D

Advertisement