Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ode to the little missing stars (*)

• 03-10-2002 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Twinkle, Twinkle little stars
    How I wonder where you are
    Up above the threads so high
    Like a diamond in the cyber sky
    Twinkle, twinkle, little stars
    How I wonder where you are!

When the blazing muppets are gone
    When your post is just been replyed on
    Then show us your little light
    Twinke, twinkle all the night
    Twinkle, Twinkle little stars
    How I wonder where you are!

When the moderator bites and bark
    Thanks to you for your tiny spark
    For I could not see which way to go
    If you did not twinkle so
    Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
    How I wonder what you are!

Boards without the *'s has become meaningless :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

icon14.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

ROFL, very well thought out there bubbles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

That was deep bubbles. (ack!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

/me wipes a tear from my eye

Bring back the stars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

/me bursts into melancholic tears..

"i remember when all this was stars you know"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Throughout history the search for faith has led men to look to the stars for answers. But only by looking into ourselves may we find it.

Too many late nights watching the Outer Limits and you can remember crap like this

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The little stars may well return on the subbed forum but we will have to run tests to see how much CPU overhead they load on the server as they are very processor intensive.

Nice poem tho :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by sceptre
    Too many late nights watching the Outer Limits and you can remember crap like this

or too much "LCD"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Very good bubbles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by DeVore
    The little stars may well return on the subbed forum

Is the subbed menu coming back? Really miss that feature, but not as much as not being able to use the drop down menus - they keep disappearing just after they come up, so I don't have time to click on them. This happening to anyone else??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Beautiful

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

bubbles, you have brought a lump to my throat

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    Is the subbed menu coming back? Really miss that feature, but not as much as not being able to use the drop down menus - they keep disappearing just after they come up, so I don't have time to click on them. This happening to anyone else??

Yes it will be...

I havent heard of it happening to other people. Can you tell me what browser and OS you are on? (might be better to start a new thread to see if anyone else is having this problem).

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I would have read this thread but didn't, due to the lack of informative stars.

amp: who blames certain stupid sales reps for selling stuff they weren't fecking susposed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by jd
    or too much "LCD"

quote: Captain Kirk.

"He did too much LDS in the 60's"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by DeVore
    I havent heard of it happening to other people. Can you tell me what browser and OS you are on?

Somehow a couple of weeks ago (I'm presuming it was then, because that's how long it's been happening) the security settings in IE6 were changed on my computer. When I set them back to default the menus worked fine. Always something simple :rolleyes:

The little stars are back on the Subbed forum menu (which is also back). This is the best we can do at the moment. (mucho thanks to Regi for fix0ring it.)

If you subscribe to forums (which is a GOOD IDEA) then you will see your favourite forums with *'s if they have been updated since your last visit...

DeV.

Advertisement