Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualifications for IT work

Options
  • 04-10-2002 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the best place to post so mods feel free to move this post. I have a chance to sign up to a CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional certification) course. The course is built up from A+ N+ MCSA and CCNA which give you the CCNP. Can anyone advise me if this is the best (or worst) course to do to get into IT. Is this better or worse than MCSE ?? If anyone can advise I would appreciate it. The course costs €2500 and runs over 36 weeks and they garentee (??) that you will pass as they hold the exams as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BogoBot

CCNP is a good qualification to have and hasn't suffered from over-supply. Where is offering the training? EUR2500 is very cheap for that training.

Bogobot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

The CCNP is described on the cisco training page.

They dont look very similar to me.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/lan/programs/ccnp.html

CCNP is a purely cisco certification, I dont see how people can throw in microsoft exams, A+ and N+ exams and say youre getting a CCNP when the only cisco qualification your getting is the CCNA (which is only one of the required modules for the actual CCNP qualification).

Looks a bit dodge to be honest, but thats not to say that all those qualifications wont stand to you, and its fairly cheap having all of it rolled into one course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

man ur been conned there..

cisco correct all the cisco exams..
    there are certified training centers but
    no "decent course" can guarantee u will pass..

sounds very dodgy

im doing 36 week ccna atm for 2 grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

u got a url for this course man?

Advertisement