Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Da2's new business adventure

Options
  • 04-10-2002 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

yes....this is really whacky....they're going to be a venue/sauna!!!!! And you can collect yer towels on the way in at the box office

FFS!!!! Why is it so damn hot in there????????????

ANYWAYS, what i actually wanted to say before i got soundtrakced bitching about the heat in da2 is that i went to see polar the other night.

the support act were the little ghetto boys? or something to that affect? and i have never laughed so much in my life ever. I coudlnt even check out of they were up to much (well..i did...theyre not great, but completely not my cup of tea so maybe im being unfair but feck it, ive run out of nice thigns to say about bands and i havent been negative in ages!!!) coz the lead singer's dripping sweat problem was too frightening. And he LUNGED at our table and stood up on one of the chairs and me and silverfish were TERRIFIED we'd get hit with the sweat and also couldnt stop laughing (to the point where i really injured my insides laughing!)

there's no better way to get attention during one of your songs than to start banging your head off the floor....welll...nudity would also work....anyway....im going off on a tangent i beter get back on track

Polar were very good. I enjoyed it. i know me and rapture queen and silverfish were impressed, so let us know when the next gig is on!!!! i really like south. i thought the slower songs were excellent (well i kind of have a penchant for slow songs, so i would!!!!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

nice one drowner, as you know though i thought we were pretty poor but what can one do?

funny you should ask when the next gig is on cos we just booked probably one of the best line up's we've ever played on

on sunday the 27th of october (i think its the bank holiday sunday) we are doing the music centre with

polar
    oz
    skylight
    and
    the 66electric

i know i'm gonna have a good night at this one, my fave dublin bands at the moment on the one stage on the one night

gonna be €7 in...well worth it considering i'd pay €7 to probably see any of the bands... doors 'll be at 7.30pm

www.skylightofficial.com

www.OZband.net

www.polarofficial.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭palmic

sorry about the heat ,but its a great way of loseing weight for me and glen..mick da 2

i'm still ringing my tee shirt out:D

i lost bout a stone but i'm defo not complaining:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

The last time I was in that kip was for Playground Psychotic & Otranome, never again, pure sweat box. It doesn't transfer to loads of beautiful women walking around in bikinis either so theres no redemption for Da 2!

POLAR RULE! OZ RULE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

has anyone got contact info for Da2?

cheers

• Advertisement

the venue managers name is mick... if you go in any day they're always there.. dont have a phone number though, sorry.

Advertisement