Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom: Trouble in paradise?

Options
  • 04-10-2002 11:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

ENN
    The [Irish Times] says that Eircom has blasted the European Commission's draft proposal for a new regulatory framework for the communications sector and called for a swift revision of the proposals. Eircom is questioning the legal right of the Commission to redefine the type of markets where national regulators have the power of intervention. It is also alleging that the draft framework will remove legal certainty from regulation, increase complexity to market analysis and treat markets in an inconsistent manner that will favour mobile companies over fixed-line firms.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Alfie seems to have left a strong legacy of a certain 'Ulster Mentality' amongst the upper echelon droids in €ircon IE:

Say No To Everything

(Alternatively Never, No Surrender to the Fenian Europeans , NO NO, Our only Crime is Loyalty, in any admixture you wish as long as it is negative)

It is equally tiresome and boring.

We should counter with the classic (Life of Brian)

What have €ircon ever done for us ......eh?......which is only funny if you can answer the question as it happens.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Jesus,

They will insist on being dragged kicking and screaming in the 21st century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Originally posted by Muck
    Our only Crime is Loyalty

...to our financial overlords....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Canadian

If I were in the war room over at eircom I would be doing the same thing. Fight tooth and nail over every little word, every little comment, every little thing that would jepordize their enviable position as a monopoly.

Even if they can't stop time from moving, they can slow it down here in their own little kingdom.

Alas, the abuser keeps on abusing. I feel like an innocent victim being sodomized everytime I click 'Connect'.

=====================
    No means No
    Please stop screwing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I feel like an innocent victim being sodomized everytime I click 'Connect'.

If I felt like that I'd stop clicking 'connect' pretty damn fast! :eek:

I think that the bloodsuckers at Eircom should stop worrying about a proposal that will:
    treat markets in an inconsistent manner

And concern themselves with treating their CUSTOMERS in a fair manner.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If I felt like that I'd stop clicking 'connect' pretty damn fast! :eek:

ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 ihatemushrooms

Eircom can fight tooth and nail if they wish but they are, whether they like it or not, having an adverse effect on the development of the Internet in this country. And consumers should avoid them at all costs.

Eircom would like you to belive that the Internet is about booking a holiday using their mouse!!!!!!

this campaign goes to show how little they understand about waht peolpe use the Internet for and what people could use the Internet for in the future.

I don`t use them as an ISP or for normal phone calls and I would never give this abusive monster a penny.

Ireland is flagging further and further behind with Internet and this shower are to blame.

War room senario or not, if they new what they were doing they have marketing budgets big enough to win enough customers on a FRIACO model to make the whole thing profitable.

but unfortunately they just can`t figure this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Well I've had a tough week but now it seems all the better since €ircon are unhappy that their empire and monopoly could be challenged. I don't know exactly what, if anything, this will do for broadband (probably nothing) but at least €ircon may actually face some tougher conditions and as a consequence lose some of their ill gotten monies.
    As previous posters have stated the "We'll do whatever the hell we want and no one is ever going to change that" mentality is still so prevalent and since the irish government consists of politicians whose dictionaries don't include the word ethics along with an impotent operator (not questioning your gender Etain) then the only hope for Ireland is Europe, which brings us nicely to Nice, my, what a small world.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

its getting to the stage that I'm in favour of anything Eircom isnt... isnt that dreaful!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by ihatemushrooms
    War room senario or not, if they new what they were doing they have marketing budgets big enough to win enough customers on a FRIACO model to make the whole thing profitable.

but unfortunately they just can`t figure this out.

Actually, I made the point before that it's not FRIACO, "commercial viability" or anything else that is holding Eircom back from competing fairly, introducing FRIACO, reasonably priced ADSL, etc. It's the fact that they are a crap company, very badly run and if they were to compete fairly they would be murdered in the marketplace.

If Eircom decided to compete fairly and squarely in the marketplace they would be quickly shown up to be the crap, badly organised, mismanaged, overstaffed, bumbling along old dinosaur that it is and they would loose all it's customers very quickly and go bankrupt. Now matter how big it's marketing budget was, unless they made significant changes in the running and organisation of the company, they would still be hammered in the marketplace by it's rivals (just look at what's happened since UTVip was launched and the UTV people came on here looking for customer feedback as a good example). I think it's this knowledge that Eircom are crap and they know it themselves ("Jaysus lads, we can't go out there competing fairly. The truth would get out and we'd be screwed. We have to try to hold onto this monopoly we have!") which means they will continue to try to hang on and hang on and hang on to their tenuous grip on their monopoly till the last.

• Advertisement
Advertisement