Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat DSL in Limerick

Options
  • 04-10-2002 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Anyone using Esats DSL service in Limerick? Trying to decide if I'll order it. Anyone used it with games like Counterstrike or UT, how is the connection quality?

Any horror stories or advice would be welcome, its a pricey service compared to 56K...

Purple

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

AFAIK, its for businesses only. Unless you have your own company, I don't think you'll be able to get it.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mdf

if u want 2 pay for it, u can get it - doesn't matter who u r....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Purplepower

Its only available to people on the Roches str. and Dooradoyle exchanges - I'm on the Castletroy exchange. Anyone can get it if they have the money, 151 to install(they give you a dsl modem) and 109 a month (prices include VAT). Eircom and Esat people told me that the rollout of DSL should be completed by the end of 2003 and that I should expect it in my area "sometime in 2003". Love that detail!

Purple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I have it at work from the Roches Street exchange.

I can certainly highly recommend it. It is very reliable. We have only had a couple of outages for engineering work and they rang us in advance to schedule the downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Purplepower - A reliable source has told me that Castletroy is not on the list of exchanges to be upgraded to DSL by Esat. Apparantly there's no room in the exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by thegills
    Purplepower - A reliable source has told me that Castletroy is not on the list of exchanges to be upgraded to DSL by Esat. Apparantly there's no room in the exchange.

I've heard that too. It's one of those mini exchanges isn't it? It may be quite a while for Castletroy if that's true

Advertisement