Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FYI: Dublin Bus Strike this Afternoon

Options
  • 04-10-2002 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

I'm probably the last person to know, but all the bus drivers are in Smithfield today, giving out about something, from 2pm - 5pm.

Nice to see they're having consideration for traffic by having it outside peak times (although peak time is all the time now in dublin...rant....rant.....rant)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Ah to be fair, there's more to it.

The Irich Congress of Trade Unions have called for a general protest to try and raise the level of statuary redunancy payment to 3 weeks per year of service, and to also support those workers who were made redundant by various companies lately, where the company has declined to abide by a labour court ruling regarding the layoffs

i believe they intend to march from Smithfield to the Dail. As a result Dublin BUs has curtailed their services, because of the march, but they are hoping for most staff to show for work.

Of course, that could be wishful thinking:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JarJar bink

Messa thinkn that n be bad man dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

grrrrr
    i wish id heard about this sooner before i got stuck in feckin college and had to walk home

(ok im lying....the 46a is still running, and ill get that to town and then walk home)

but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Wasnt much of a strike, I saw buses running all day.
    I even saw a 5, and they only run like 4 times a day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah big LIARS
    some young one from CIE that i rang up had me panicking, and thinking iw as gonna be stuck in town all bloody day, and told me only the 46a's were running.....and then i stepped outside and saw the trusty old 11b and i didnt notice any problems with busses in town?????

aparantly therre was a diversion at merrion squeare or something....i dunno...

• Advertisement
Advertisement