Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One-sided Prodestant Police give trouble to SDLP and SF

Options
  • 04-10-2002 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Thanks to efforts of the UDP and the 94% Prodestant Police force We have yet to see a raid or a serious police investigation into collabaration between the RUC and the LVF or the UUP and the UFF, or the fact many of the assembly are former prodestant terrorists.

I always thought the N.IReland system was going to based on Equality?

The RUC have constantly hassled and bullied members of the Catholic Community Official Republicans, the People's Democracy and the SDLP.

In a BBC (NI) Hearts and Minds programme a DUP spokesman asserted, with the SDLP leader Mark Durkan sitting beside him, that in the event of the DUP eclipsing the UUP at the election (or toppling Trimble) the Good Friday agreement would be renegotiated and replaced.

Catholic Community and Sinn Féin's offices at Stormont have been raided by police. More than 200 officers took part in the operation where documents were seized and a number of men were detained. The police have said the action was part of an investigation into the IRA.

Around 9.00am this morning a large force of armed PSNI officers descended on the main Sinn Féin administration office on the second floor of the Stormont Executive building.

The police operation at Stormont followed dawn raids by the security forces on the homes of Irish in North and West Belfast.

People were arrested including Sinn Féin's head of admin at Stormont, Denis Donaldson, and another man, believed to have been a former employee at the Northern Ireland Office.

Police said the raids were part of an investigation into alleged intelligence gathering by Republicans in Belfast and a source insisted they were not connected to the break in at Castlereagh station

But a recent Channel4 and BBC Panorama investigation found out that the RUC and LVF have acted to kill and silence any person who will deliver information on the Paten inquiry and the investigation between the colaboration that exists between the RUC and LVF

We have seen Ulster Unionist suspensions lasting for nearly for months, the answer is simple these guys had a lot of unfair and corrupt power of the North of IREland and they will do almost anything do get it back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Your assesment of this seems a bit one sided.

For example you refer to them as "armed police" - I may be wrong, and I'm sure I'll stand corrected - but aren't the PSNI armed as a matter of course, and not for this specific operation as you make it sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Shouldn't this be in Politics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Mike66

The PSNI/RUC were always heavily armed as they raided offices, that's what Channel4 said about it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Monty, send this to Politics where it can be "assessed"
    properly...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Been here 5 hours now. Very unlike monty....i wonder is he dead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

<Mod edit: No need to feed the trolls DiscoStu>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

ohh dear,
    looks like one has escaped - ctyi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by Kim Tae-Woo
    <Mod edit>
    [officer barbrady mode]
    Move along, nothing to see here
    [/officer barbrady mode]
    </mod edit>

as some one once said never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. im going to follow that advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kim I am not an anti-Catholic bigot (why some of my best friends, etc) I just saw the thread for what it was...

As I see you for what you are, a muppet of the highest order, well nearly...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Moved to Politics.
    Kim Tae-Woo banned for unreal incivility.

DeVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by daveirl
    I just have absolutely no time for anyone who thinks that blowing up shopping centres on Saturday afternoons can ever be acceptable.

I dont have time for the PSNI that is mostly Protestant

that *run* a country that has up to 45% of a Catholic population...

According to Convention for the Protection of National Minorities of the Council of Europe

"The parties undertake to take appropriate measures to protect persons who may be subject to threats or acts of discrimination, hostility or violence as a result of their ethnic, cultural, linguistic or religious identity."

The Northern Ireland Government Parties fail to do that.....because they dont want PSNI 50% Catholic....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Right, I'm locking this thread because of the muppetry it's spawned and because it's gone hopelessly OT.

Kim Tae-Woo has been banned as has Mike66 by DeVore. I'll consider reopening it if/when tensions have abated and we can engage in a civil conversation once again.

If anyone has a problem with this, feel free to send me or one of the other mods a PM, or take it to admin if you like.

Locked.

swiss

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement