Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland International: the schedule

• 04-10-2002 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Right, everyone's favourite topic returns again....

A look at Digiguide tells me that the Republic of Ireland game against Switzerland, which is the first international under the new BSkyB / TV3 contract, is being broadcast as follows on Wednesday 16th October.

Sky Sports 1: 7pm - 10pm (live, kick-off at 8pm)
    TV3: 9:50pm - 12:30pm (delayed full match coverage)

Now, before anyone says anything, there is no indication that Sky One are showing it at this stage. This is because, if it happens, it will be a first for Sky One, to have opt-out programming for Ireland and so, no schedule like this exists in Digiguide.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Xxtreme

Yeah,
    it going to be on sky sports(unless the govt. intervene) cause i just saw the promo for the international double header of Ireland v Switzerland on SS1 and England v Macedonia on SS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it would be kind of pointless to put it on Sky 1. Sky Sports was created to show sport and i believe that's what the game against switzerland is. sport!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    it would be kind of pointless to put it on Sky 1. Sky Sports was created to show sport and i believe that's what the game against switzerland is. sport!!

While I think the point you're making is valid, I think the point you're missing is that many many more people would have been able to watch it on Sky One than on Sky Sports 1 and broadcasting the match on Sky One has been suggested as a compromise before.

However - I, for one, agree that if it's going to be on Sky, it should be on Sky Sports... and while I have no problem with Sky having the right to broadcast the matches live, I *do* have a problem with them having the EXCLUSIVE right to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Bard
    I *do* have a problem with them having the EXCLUSIVE right to do so.

as do a lot of us but it's all about getting those extra subscriptions

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Or stick it on Sky Sports News for anyone with just FamilyPack. Or as a free PPV event on Prem+ or SBO. Though I guess these aren't available on most cable TV which I guess made Sky One logical...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Genghis

From what I heard on the radio this morning, Sky have decided to only show the Ireland v Switzerland game to sky sports subscribers - i.e. they will not be showing it on Sky one, Sky sports news - i.e. it will not be 'free-to-air' in any sense.

A statement from Sky is expected today, look out for it!

* On a similar point - We should be surprised at Sky's strategy have you notices that it is always Sky's policy to always show ROI games on SS1 and England games on SS2 when on simultaneously.

While its fine if you are Irish, if you are an English footy fan, chances are you will sign up to SS1 for the premiership; the sky policy means that if you want to see the English internationals your 'premiership' subscription is not enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

What channel are the Swiss watching it on? and is on satellite?
    Regards JD!!!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lynchie

According to www.satfootball.com there are three stations showing it

Sky Sports
    SF2
    TV3 Ireland (Delay 22:00)

byte

Where can I receive SF2? Doubt if it's on Astra?

I notice that while the Swiss game is delayed on TV3 til 22.00, the games against Albania and Georgia are only delayed by an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Maybe Tony knows where SF 2 is? and if its FTA or whatever!!!!.
    Regards JD!!!

• Advertisement
    byte

I found their website:

www.sfdrs.ch (German lingo)

Dunno how SF2 (Schweizer Fernsehen) broadcasts though

byte

Found it. SF2 broadcasts on Hotbird 3 @12.399 Horizontal.

Sadly it's encrypted with Viaccess 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by greenman
    Maybe Tony knows where SF 2 is? and if its FTA or whatever!!!!.
    Regards JD!!!

SF2 is on hotbird encrypted

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Baz999

Is ORF still free-to-air on Astra 1? Or maybe even DSF? They MIGHT show the match!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jmcbride

Originally posted by Baz999
    Is ORF still free-to-air on Astra 1? Or maybe even DSF? They MIGHT show the match!

It's unlikely ORF (1 or 2) would show the game, as it's the Austrian national boradcaster. Having lived there for a year, I can honestly say that I don't remember them ever showing Swiss internationals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Sport> Thats Satans activity>

ORF yes its Betacrypt so unless................ Irdeto2 say no more>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭embraer170

Not sure if this if of any help since I presume it is also encrypted but it is also being shown on the other Swiss national station, TSR (French speaking). 20:15 Swiss time ot 19:15 Irish time.

Advertisement