Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook blocking

Options
  • 04-10-2002 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

i am getting loads of spam lately and i want to start adding loads of email address to my block list is there a shortcut key for doing this in outlook express ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

thanx ill try it but i dont realy mind about downloading the email [i have powernet]its just i dont want to have to sort throught them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

At the moment I'm using a product called "iHateSpam"

There's one version available for Outlook, another for OE

Basically it filters useless mails into one of four quarantine folders (Adult, Hazardous, Junk, Subscription)

bees knees IMHO. It still downloads the mail but sorts it - if you feel like it you'll never see it. You can set up a friend list that never gets mails blocked, an enemy list that always gets mails blocked and still use the filters as well (and there's a "bounce" feature built in). I'd heartily recommend it. It's not free but doesn't cost much (and there's a free trial)

I used SpamKiller and Mailwasher (and a few other offerings) before - this is the best thing I've seen.

(note - that's not an affiliate link above, it just takes you straight to the product page)

Advertisement