Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Region DVD Player on offer at amazon.co.uk

Options
  • 04-10-2002 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I just bought the Kiiro x8 multi-region DVD player http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000068NQS/ref=mm_rdnd_h_sp_6 from Amazon.co.uk and it rocks. It works out around Euro 160 (after shipping, handling and Irish VAT) and it arrived two days later :). I tested it with R1 and R2 Dvd's and they play just out of the box without having to adjust anything. Picture quality is excellent. More detailed specs at the above link.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

what audio outputs does it have?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

There are a variety of sockets on the back of the player to accommodate more involved setups. These include both a coaxial and optical digital audio out, for passing a Dolby Digital or DTS audio stream through to separate audio decoders/amplifiers. There are also stereo audio output jacks, a composite video out, S-VHS (S-Video) out and a single SCART socket.

same as any other cheap player..

speaking of which.. richersounds have the cyberhome adl-528 back in stock at €170.. and just to say avoid it.

For the following reasons:
    Flimsy cd tray (fell out several times)
    No longer reads any CD. Only DVDs.
    Overheats a lot (theres no fan).
    The digital outputs weren't configured properly (when playing 2-channel stereo it was flipped left-right).

Mind you it lasted me about 8 months.. and I did only buy it as a starter player, but still.. go for something else... although it did prompt me to buy a decent cd player as a replacement (i still use the above for the odd time i watch dvds now and again)

Advertisement