Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3510i

• 04-10-2002 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

i need a new phone!

i was think about getting the Nokia 3510 on speakeasy for €179 with €120 call credit.

does anyone know when the Nokia 3510i is gonna be out and how much it will be on speakeasy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

3510i has only been "announced" rather than launched - expected availability is Q4 - no definate ship date - no definite price - so I don't think you'll see it the very near future (possibly after X-mas?)

Brian G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

FYI, Expansys got some 3510i units (blue covers) in stock today for around Eur 240 SIM free (unlocked).
    http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=NOK_3510I

Brian G.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Damn! I got a 3510 for Xmas but didn't realise there was a 3510i with colour screen! :(

Apart from the mono screen, it's a great phone. The larger screen and buttons is great. It will hold 160 SMS messages, which is big difference from 33xx phones. Also has a fantastic battery. Seems to last for ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Also has a fantastic battery. Seems to last for ages!

It is very good. I got mine a Christmas and I've only charged it twice since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i got a 5210 in the end and i love it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

I also got a 3510 and charged it for the 2nd time yesterday! I also didn't know that u could get a colour screen but I got mine on Ready to Go so I dont think you can get it on that. Probably work out too expensive. GRRRR I hate being a poor student!:cool:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The 3510i is not available on Ready to Go yet, maybe for next Xmas! I have noticed once, when I started deleting some of my many text messages, the phone rebooted! Strange! Don't tell me Microsoft developed the OS! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Yeah the 3510 is a very nice phone. The battery life from the BMC2 LiION batteries is excellent too.

The only notable omission I can see from its armoury is Snake II ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Originally posted by irishbyte
    The 3510i is not available on Ready to Go yet, maybe for next Xmas! I have noticed once, when I started deleting some of my many text messages, the phone rebooted! Strange! Don't tell me Microsoft developed the OS! :D

I think they did cos my phone did the same thing after I sent about 5 or 6 texts in a row. That has happened twice to me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Microsoft have been kept well clear. (They've got enough troubles with former Mobile Telecoms partners)

Even Nokia have some minor troubles with some of their phone OS'en.

• Advertisement
Advertisement