Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making that call... and how often

• 04-10-2002 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So you've met a girl you really like and you want to get to know her better. You want to meet up but in the meantime want to express your interest. You a) don't want to seem like a prick who doesn't care because you contact her too little and b) you don't want to seem like an overly-serious obsessive who contacts her too much.

So the question is: how much is the right amount to contact her? How often? And what way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

Ring her when you want to ring her. Don't bother with crappy mind games. I know most people are into them, but they are such a waste of time. Go with what feels right for you. Sorry I can't offer more specific advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Texting (within reason!) can show you care without being too bunny boilerish.
    then, when you know how often she feels a call is required, you can do the necessary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by october
    how much is the right amount to contact her? How often? And what way?

call her every 10mins, show up at her house unannounced, ring her from her doorstep, chicks love that, take pictures of her from the bushes and post them to her, do it anonymously tho as thats more romantic. leave little love notes on her car whenever shes out, sit outside her house till 4 in the morning. if all that doesn't work then nothing will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Originally posted by McGinty
    Ring her when you want to ring her. Don't bother with crappy mind games.

Agreed. You might think you're ringing too soon/too often, but if she's into the whole thing, she'll be delighted you called. If she thinks you're a psycho stalker, then it obviously wasn't meant to be. Quite simple really. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

agreed. kolodny and the other girl r both right, when you dont call because you think it's too much then we may get the idea you dont really care that much and we begin to look elsewhere...
    ring or text whenever you feel the urge to, you'll find out soon enough if its going to lead to anything anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

NoG ... you still haven't figured out why you keep getting those restraining orders put on you?
    *slaps forehead*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Missy

quote:
    Originally posted by McGinty
    Ring her when you want to ring her. Don't bother with crappy mind games.

i totally agree. this chap that im MAD after is playing these mind games. he has admitted that he had to live up to is 'rep'! go with what u feel is right!! the girly will/should love it!

let me no how it goes......!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Originally posted by Kolodny
    Agreed. You might think you're ringing too soon/too often, but if she's into the whole thing, she'll be delighted you called. If she thinks you're a psycho stalker, then it obviously wasn't meant to be. Quite simple really. :)

true, but dont appear too clingy.. one thing i hate is clinginess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Rofl.

Yea chief, the birds are always "clingy" with you!

Athough from experience, I find its best to ring/text the weekend after you get the number. Not too soon, and usually the best time to meet up. Thats my tuppence anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

dont call she's not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Take it in turns to call. Share the phone-bills, like. Chicks love that. Don't they? At the very least, if you're calling, have it a short, to the point conversation, and if she calls, let her blather on that little bit longer about shoes and ponies. Or whatever.
    Texting is for paedophiles btw, leave that **** out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by pickarooney

Texting is for paedophiles btw, leave that **** out.

says the man whos name comes from a peadophile....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

How about the crazy idea of ringing her once or twice, and then waiting for her to ring you back, and then judging on the time gap she's left ye both can set off from there?

<< Fio >>

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ensure first that both of you are at the same height above sea level, and the temperature is constant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Originally posted by Sposs
    dont call she's not worth it.

Sposs do you EVER post anything helpful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Do as Nog sez...stalk her for a lil bit first.
    Find out her habits and her timing...

AND THEN

ring her as soon as you know she has just stepped outta the shower.

Makes for a very intersting conversation starter..

"Oh am I interrupting?"
    "oh..well...I'm just outta the shower..."
    "...you are eh?"

If all else fails..do as has been said...ring whenever YOU feel like it.
    works for me...

girlies love slurprise fone calls.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by ButcherOfNog
    call her every 10mins, show up at her house unannounced, ring her from her doorstep, chicks love that, take pictures of her from the bushes and post them to her, do it anonymously tho as thats more romantic. leave little love notes on her car whenever shes out, sit outside her house till 4 in the morning. if all that doesn't work then nothing will.

yeeeeeeeepp, that''ll do it I think

that'll make her go to court and get a restraining order isssued against you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

And 12 months in a smallroom :D

Advertisement