Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBCi: Fame academy blocked

• 04-10-2002 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

BBC are up to their usual tricks as usual the interactive fame academy service from BBCi is blocked in the Republic of Ireland. There couldn't possibly be any rights issues involved in bring this service here, so why dont we have it.

Are the bbc doing their usual thing of blocking it for the first few days just to show us who is boss. I hope so because i was looking forward to seeing fame academy in all its glory.

One more thing what does the interactive service look like? Any possibility of someone taking a screenshot?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Now they're just being petty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Isnt this petty alright. Lads the case is clear, FCK SKY ROI, get a BBC card, your wasting your hard earned euros on this watered down piss poor service. As soon as lawyers get in between technology you get either BBC or Sky shafting you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

I've no interest in Fame Academy myself, but if Sky users in Ireland are paying for the BBC channels as part of the Sky package then they should get what they are paying for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by telecinesk
    FCK SKY ROI

how is this Sky's fault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Its not Skys fault per say, but its Skys problem ultimately.
    If Sky had initially persuaded other broadcasters to supply Irish Viewers with all channels & services, I and thousands of others would not have gone down the FTV card route, there would have been no need or inclination to do so. I did so because of the diluted ROI service.
    My year is up in a months time and I think that I will cancel my Sky subscription. All in all I think my FTV cards give a more watchable and interesting alternative to the ROI family pack (I can pick up the Irish channels via an aerial).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

anyone have a contact email addy for this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The interactive service for Fame Academy is pretty slick - works really really well, nice and neat and easy to navigate. Thumbs up from me! The BBC have always been very good at making interactive content (much better designed than Sky's).

They obviously knew they were blocking it in Ireland - as a message pops up when watching on an Irish card "sorry, this service is not available in the Republic Of Ireland".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

"Originally posted by telecinesk
    FCK SKY ROI
    how is this Sky's fault?"

Well as carrolls said, its not sky's fault as they are just the carrier in this case but the messing about in general with this washed down ROI service makes a joke of this "high quality" stuff..
    Cancel your sub and get a bbc card or better a UK sky subscription if you want the extra stuff god forbid..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭trekster

well jdempsey we usually get the ''this service is not available in the Republic Of Ireland'' card for every inteactive service for the first wek and then people in bbc come to their senses. Ever since the world cup anyway.

But as i say they are no tricky rights problems involved here that anyone can see, so why not stick it on.

Advertisement