Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If papyrus were to make something new...

• 04-10-2002 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

If the kings of realistic, papyrus, were to try their hand at some other form of motorsport, what would you most want it to be?

What motorsport would you most like to see papyrus make a game of 8 votes

Formula 1
    0% 0 votes
    indycar (CART/IRL)
    12% 1 vote
    other openwheel (F3, gokart, etc)
    0% 0 votes
    motorbikes (or sidecars!!)
    0% 0 votes
    touring cars
    0% 0 votes
    GT (le mans, etc)
    25% 2 votes
    yet more NASCAR
    12% 1 vote
    rally
    0% 0 votes
    historic
    0% 0 votes
    other
    50% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I'd go for historic, a GPL2, but covering more years would be what i'd like to see, the modern era has been done to death at this stage.

there are some moves to develop a sim that would cover the old days again ... but not by papyrus, gpl despite still being popular more than 4 years after release, didn't sell enough.

West Racing - Racing Legends looks interesting, dunno if it will ever see the light of day tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Which category would Gran Tourismo fall into?

Only game I can think of even remotly like it on the PC was...dammit...it was a GT game..dammit I cant think of the name but it had the upgrading elements.

Somethink that involved upgrading and stuff.
    I *think* the next NFS has soem elements liek this.

On the poll...
    historic prolly. bring back the 6 wheel F1 car!
    Somethink with the very first turbos...allowing for unpredictability.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

GPL was a major flop for Papy.The reason is players were crap at it and didnt give it time to learn to drive at a half decent level.Also the default setups for the cars were undrivable.Version 1.202 addressed these setups with new comfortable setups.
    It took me literally months do get five average laps in a row without spinning out.I almost gave up a few times too until the patch came outas i was and am useless at creating setups.
    Gregor Huttu,[worlds fastest GPL racer and well up there with Nascar 2002] also said the same, it took him months also but years to get where he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah and i think with the hugh american market they will only brng out more nascar sh1te. The guys them selfs arent big fans of nascar and would love to do the 70`s GPL kinda thing and it may yet happen, but right now they have to look to whats paying their wages and its bloody nascar.

Lets see them do a game where you turn right all the time!

Advertisement