Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proxy Question

Options
  • 04-10-2002 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

In work they have websense would i be able to get around this by connecting to another proxy server ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

"Proxy Avoidance System Detected..."

The theory goes that all traffic thru port 80 on your network goes to a cache server after it is cleared by websence(i only know what i know from looking around - i'm not an expert). so if other ports are not blocked and u have a proxy somewhere that can provide content to a browser thru some other port then that's probably your answer....(again - i'm no expert, i'll wait for a real expert to start laggin meh answer :p )

i have no idea why i even answered this topic - :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

It should work as long as all the trafic goes through the proxy server (nothing tries to go direct). You may find they have blocked outgoing conections to all but a hand full of ports so you may have to do a bit of trial and error and have the ability to change the port the proxy runs on.

The websense they have here is horibly unstable, horibly badly configured and the machine its on is a default Solaris 8 (sparc) install whit a list or ports as long as my arm open... dont know why they bothered...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

cheers guys ill have to wait till monday to try em but ill let u know how i get on

nah no luck just kept cumminup could not find server

:confused:

any help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Ask your network admin. ;)

• Advertisement

i wud be he dosnt like me
    and i shudnt be on the net
    but i like a challenge and want to try get around it

Advertisement