Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Ads

Options
  • 05-10-2002 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Over the past week or so on the TV board there’s been a thread dealing with all those annoying ads on the box these days. When it comes to radio however it seems the ad-exec's have jumped right past the art of annoying us and instead have set up a new genre which I could only describe as 'pseudo-idiotic'. To see what I mean, in the space of one single ad break I heard three ads on RTE radio 1 that left me scratching my head.

The first one, for VHI, mentions that studies found out that that average homemaker does 115 hours of housework per week! That's 16 and 1/2 hours of work per day by my mathes! Now I think that even the most houseproud person out there would have drawn the line somewhere before this, don't you?

The second was for the new music venue 'The Helix'. This ad boasts about how new and state of the art this orchestral and theatrical performance venus is. It even goes on to mention that acts such as Juliet Turner amongst other will be performing there in the comings weeks. The only thing they forget to mention is .... where the Helix actually is!

Third and best of all! The Wolfe Tones are playing in 'venue X' soon! From this ad I quote "Remember, this concert is being recorded for CD, VHS and DVD ..... SO DON'T MISS IT!" Eh, ok! :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59756&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The Helix looks pretty cool I must say.
    As for radio ads, well they are so annoying I don't listen to the radio.
    Especially the ads on pirate radio advertising clubs and venues, they just wreck my head.

Advertisement