Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct 3D errors?????

• 05-10-2002 8:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

ok. ive just re-installed directx 8.1b for the millionth time and have also installed the nvidia 40.72 drivers. however, when i go to run any game that uses D3D, it says(well only UT2003, GTA3 just won't run): please intstal direct x 8.1b or later. WHICH I HAVE!! i can however run some games in OpenGL like UT2003 and a coupla others. Pleez gimme some help o some sort cuz this is drivin me nuts. one more thing, in the Expertool (the thingy thats in the icon tray it came with some drivers or something; show me a load of info bout my display and the like) when i go to Direct X info. it says Direct X 0 is installed. er...is that right? i doubt it.

ps if it helps, i have a AMD 1.1ghz, 256 RAM and a Geforce 3 ti500 (ti200 gpu) 128mb running under Windows 2000 Pro with Service Pack 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Im having the same prob with 3D mark 2001 se ( cannot create direct 3d......) see post below.everthing i can think of is updated but it still wont work.Did u try ( dxdiag ) in Start-Run to test ur open gl and direct 3d ?

COMBATCOW >:^(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

40.72 has known issues with ut2k3.
    try an earlier release like 30.84 (or whatever it is)

40.72 can cause UT2k3 not to run on some machines. I dont know the reasons but ive heard it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Funny u should mention that cause ut2k3 is skrewin up for me ( full game ) it takes about 5 sec to enter the game-after it does that ( press fire to start 5-4-3-2-1....) and is verry slow for a few min's after that.Also it pauses every few min's for about 5 seconds and it's not acessing the cpu so i think it could be a ram issue.evan with the graphics set to the highest\lowest ( i have 265 sd pc133 cas3 ) im gonna get another 256 in it direct 2morrow ( i know about cas2 etc... but i dont think it's worth the extra cash ).thats with the latest nvidia drivers 40.72.Hopefully going back to the 30.82 will fix this problem and the 3d mark prob i also have. Yeah right!!!!

COMBATCOW >:^)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Is that a gainward card? I had the same problem, How I eventually managed to get it working properly after ut2k3 was telling me I needed dx8.1b installed even though I'm running 2k pro was to use this little utility, then restored dx7 from my win2k cd and then re-installed dx8.1 and my graphics driver (after installing it as a standard pci graphics adapter) I'm using 40.71 and have seen zero problems in any game/3dmark etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

yea its a gainward card. but i got everythin workin grando now. i tried to run some tests in the dxdiag tool an d it said it summat bout not bein able to run dx8 so i enabled a coupla dx features that i saw and hey presto! it works and i aint gettin no bother now! actually i cant get into the grfx card tab in advanced in the display properties it says there's an error while working with etc etc.. but i can get into it if i go back to the 30.82 drivers. crazy. at the moment im runnin the new beta 40.72 drivers

• Advertisement
Advertisement