Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are the Pro-Loyalist members of Boards.ie trying to block me?

• 05-10-2002 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Why was I banned is it because I read the BBC, ITV RTe and Channel four websites that happen to be critcical of Loyalsit Terror groups that kill Irish Catholics

Or

Is it because of this post?

The BBC and Channel 4 have had huge ammounts of information on how the Armed forces and Prodestant police force of N.Ireland has conducted itself. Police forces have harrased memebrs to cover their track on the coorrution and involvement with Loyalist terror groups and Para-military groups.
    The Raids were mostly likely carried out by Prodestants.

Why?

To hide the RUC/PSNI involvenmnt in the killings of Irish-Catholics, English and totally disrupt equality and Justice. While an independent investigative group was in the process of being formed in Northern Ireland but he said such a body could not be formed overnight and would have to rely, at least initially, on officers seconded from the RUC

Recently an group was in the process of being formed in Northern Ireland to investigate connections between links with the Unionist Prodestant Police serice and Loyalist Terrorism that killed many Catholic Irish men and many English who did not want to support this evil group.

The Raid was set up to disrupt the Finucan and Stevens inquiry that was probing the corruption of the N.Ireland Army and Police forces The family of of many murder victims stated there was serious security force collusion in these murders. For example the man in charge of the army unit that ran Brian Nelson, the British agent behind the killings of several Catholics in Northern Ireland, tried to cover up the extent of the agent's involvement.

Now why would Republicans raid an office and disrupt an inquiry that was going destroy the investigation and prevent many of their opponents from being put behind bars? BBC's Mark Urban, ITV and Channel4 have investigated many corruptions and killing in the North. The army inside the United Kingdom have collaborated in murder.
    The programme has had leaked to it some of the findings of an investigation into alleged collaboration with loyalist killers in Northern Ireland.
    The conclusion is that such co-operation did exist, and paramilitary figures claim it resulted in murder.

If you want the truth in this matter simply read the BBC's or Channel4's understandings of how a corrupt English Police service that Supported Terrorism and supported the Loyalist murders of Irish Catholics and English.

BBc'c mark urban has uncovered how police and army inside the United Kingdom have collaborated in murder.
    The programme has had leaked to it some of the findings of an investigation into alleged collaboration with loyalist killers in Northern Ireland.

The conclusion is that such co-operation did exist, and paramilitary figures claim it resulted in murder.

Fresh allegations of security force collusion in the Pat Finucane murder case have emerged from an interview with a retired RUC officer.
    Detective Sergeant Johnston Brown has said that a taped confession of a loyalist, involved in the murder of the Belfast solicitor in 1989, was blocked by members of RUC Special Branch.

Mr Finucane was shot dead by the Ulster Freedom Fighters in front of his wife and children at his north Belfast home in 1989.

Mr Brown, who retired from the force last month, told the Ulster Television current affairs programme, Insight, that he was a "reluctant whistle blower

Even by the murky standards of Northern Ireland's paramilitaries William Stobie was a high profile and controversial figure.
    Stobie was a former so-called quartermaster of the Loyalist paramilitary group the Ulster Defence Association.

The Belfast born paramilitary was also a self-confessed special branch informer.

The case against him has been running for more than 10 years.

During that time he has made several court appearances and has been the main witness of a major inquiry into RUC collusion.

But until recently few details were known of this controversial figure who was once a British soldier, and was later involved in the Ulster Defence Association and was a RUC informer

What do the Pro-Loyalist memebers of Boards ie/uk have to say about my banning ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Mike65( Mr.British)
    Biffa Bacon (O-Ranagers-Fan)
    daveirl (here here! Ahy say Sire!!)
    Shinji ( UUP the Quuen)

It a simple case of Flaming
    - Posts containing personal attacks on another user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Whats your point caller? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KimTaeWoo

I've never understood this falme rule seen as other memebers and other moderators are allowed type all the insults and curse words they want.

Anyway

Flame deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Isn't William Stobie dead?, so how can there be a case running against him?

You banning is not for you political views it's for your attitude and flaming.

BTW you've repeated yourself a couple of times there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

and if I remember the thread rightly, you were insulting the hell out of some people rather than debating the issue in hand. That didn't help., I'm sure :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KimTaeWoo

meglome
    Yes Stobie is dead.
    Stobie told police and reportes that he tipped off his English special branch handlers that a murder of a Catholic was imminent, but said nothing was done to prevent it or to apprehend those responsible.
    It was about this time Pat Finucane was shot.
    The Stevens , Finucane and other cases were central to allegations that the RUC colluded with loyalists in murdering Catholics.
    Stobie was talking to a BBC Panorama reported and blowing the lid on how the PNSi/RUC were involved in terrorism and the murders of Irish and English.
    The BBC reporters were threated and intimadated, soon after Stobie was found dead.
    The Case isn't running against him, but there are many investigations running on the issue of corruption and links with terrorism of the Pro-Loyalist Police and Armed Forces.

BBC TV3 and Channel4 are giving it good coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I've never understood this falme rule seen as other memebers and other moderators are allowed type all the insults and curse words they want
    No, they can't. They're just more subtle about it and (mostly) do not genuinely mean to cause offence. You on the other hand, based on the content of your posts are a muppet.

I don't care what your views are in relation to the raid by PSNI officers of Sinn Féin offices. (My own personal view is that if they do not find something concrete that justifies this raid they will have a lot of questions to answer.) Your posts contained personal attacks and bore little relevance to the topic in hand

Example
    Actually I can wait for this post to be assesed by the U-UP-England and the Queens appointed memebers in the house o Lords
    Yes, you have been assessed. Respect on boards is earned, not summarily granted. If you wish to gain any of that, I would suggest that an apology would be a good start.

I don't know if DeV is going to ban this account for good or not, but because of the trouble you've created on politics, you've been banned from politics for a week.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Does the comment

"I know why DiscoStu licks his balls, its to get rid of the taste of COCK!!" Right in the middle of an otherwise reasonable debate ring any bells?

I've given you a lot of slack, but you've run out. Sorry we also have a No Mad People rule here too...

Btw, considering my parents worked with all nationalities and creeds in the north to the point where my father was threatened that if he didnt stop housing the homeless he'd be killed, I consider your ridiculous assertions about some bias you've invented in your unwell mind to be highly offensive. Regretably thats typical of you.

Get the picture dear, we dont want people who are obnoxious like you here.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Northerners. Lovely people. How on earth can you justify threatening someone for working with the homeless? I mean, call them a hippie, sure, but threats...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by Slutmonkey57b
    Northerners.

Sure generalise it slightly more why don't you? Humans? That general enough for ya? Or do you feel that because it's so general you're not being offensive?

Sorry.....maybe I take offense too easily....but then maybe SOME bigoted comments get overlooked here.

I'm not claiming any political idealism here btw. I'm simply stating that a lot of people are treated badly because of geographical circumstances.

Just hope there isn't 1 set of rules for some of the people and another set for the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

What horsesh1t. You were banned for being a muppet.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Iceman, I'm not sure I get you.

If Bigotted comments are overlooked its because Boards is now pushing 80K impressions a DAY. Theres a link on every post to report it to the Mod (and it copies me in on it) so if you see ANYONE being rascist or bigotted, then report it and it will get dealt with. If you dont report it, how can we know? I hate to tell you but I dont read EVERY post on Boards :)

There are only one set of rules, and Civility is at the top of it.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by KimTaeWoo
    Why was I banned is it because I read the BBC, ITV RTe and Channel four websites that happen to be critcical of Loyalsit Terror groups that kill Irish Catholics

is it coz i is a cúnt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 andimproved197

My point was that myself and many other people can come on this site and post all the anti-Republican and SinnFeinIRA-killer flames they want but as soon as people become critical and question the actions of the Anti-Agreement-Unionists and point out the hatefull actions of Loyalist-Terror-Networks we are met by a huge ammount of flames, spams and insults from certian Pro-British members of boards.ie.

DeVore I don't care what political or Ethnic background your father or mother is, if he campaigned and strove for equal human rights then he certainly is a very good man. Much like Austin Curry a man who wanted equal housing for Both Catholics and Prodestants in the North.

But ask him this if your father is still alive, did your father leave the Norths political situation because of the strangle hold many Anti-Agreement Unionsts have on the Norths climate. Didn't right-wing Loyalism try to force this campaign out, today many Anti-Agreement Loyalists are bitter now because they never wanted to Share power with Catholics.Many Loyalists and Unionists signed the GFA with the assumption that the Republicans the IRA and SF would not accept it and so they could blame the re-continuation of war on them. The Anti-Agreement Loyalist are now very bitter because things have worked out badly for them, and they are loosing power.

The over the top Raids wre carried out by the RUC/PSNI involvenmnt in the killings of Irish-Catholics, English and totally disrupt equality and Justice. While an independent investigative group was in the process of being formed in Northern Ireland but he said such a body could not be formed overnight and would have to rely, at least initially, on officers seconded from the RUC
    Recently an group was in the process of being formed in Northern Ireland to investigate connections between links with the Unionist Prodestant Police serice and Loyalist Terrorism that killed many Catholic Irish men and many English who did not want to support this evil group.

Abou the DiscoStu flames,

May I remind you Devore that it was DiscoStu that started flinging insults after I posted .

My insults and offensive remarks were in response to his name-calling.

However if I have insulted DiscoStu

I do Apologise(Kim Tae-Woo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

My point was that myself and many other people can come on this site and post all the anti-Republican and SinnFeinIRA-killer flames they want but as soon as people become critical and question the actions of the Anti-Agreement-Unionists and point out the hatefull actions of Loyalist-Terror-Networks we are met by a huge ammount of flames, spams and insults from certian Pro-British members of boards.ie.

Beg to differ my illustrious Korean Friend.

It is how you say it, not what you say.

Par example if someone baits you and you take the bait and loose your cool, then you have lost your cool, irrespective of whether you were baited or not

May I remind you Devore that it was DiscoStu that started flinging insults after I posted .

Ye see, that's not Kosher, every so often people will say things that might seem nasty and the second you react to those nasty noises, it's you who is in the wrong, two wrongs and all that sort of fun.

Toodles.

However if I have insulted DiscoStu

I do Apologise(Kim Tae-Woo)

Isn't it a little strange how certain memebers of this baord are allowed fame and insult other members without consequence or reprimand, the pro-British stance of many memebers, the anti-Irish statements and the Frreem@son forum all hint at some people here being very very Pro-Loyalist and also hint at some memebers at moderators being Anti-Catholic and Pro-British.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Isn't it a little strange how certain memebers of this baord are allowed fame and insult other members without consequence or reprimand
    If I recall the thread in question, DiscoStu had his post edited and was reprimanded by a moderator.
    the pro-British stance of many memebers, the anti-Irish statements and the Frreem@son forum all hint at some people here being very very Pro-Loyalist and also hint at some memebers at moderators being Anti-Catholic and Pro-British.
    And what if they are? People (including moderators) have a right to their opinions. If you can't handle people whose opinions differ from yours, then boards.ie is not for you.

Meh

I don't really mind people being very very Pro-Loyalist and also hint at some memebers at moderators being Anti-Catholic and Pro-British. Every one has a right to believe what they wnat.. right?

But why do this on a boardsie website
    why not boards.UK or is are England's internet rates to expensive for some of you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Right you were banned becaue you were ignorant and abusive not because of your political views.

Now grow up and stop acting like such a child.

Gandalf.

Oh good a resonable response.

But Gandalf.

Why are other boardsie members not banned for their offensive and ignorant and abusive remarks.

Is there some specail rule here that allows certain Memebrs and Mods to constantly break the rules?

• Advertisement

This Thread should be locked this idiot is getting too much attention.

Originally posted by andimproved197
    I don't really mind people being very very Pro-Loyalist and also hint at some memebers at moderators being Anti-Catholic and Pro-British. Every one has a right to believe what they wnat.. right?

But why do this on a boardsie website
    why not boards.UK or is are England's internet rates to expensive for some of you?
    So people with "unpatriotic" opinions shouldn't be allowed on this site? They should be told to go to an English site instead?
    Why are other boardsie members not banned for their offensive and ignorant and abusive remarks.
    I'm betting that, whatever DiscoStu said, it wasn't anywhere near as offensive as what you said.

Ok

Offensive remark by Sposs!

I wait for him to be
    reprimanded
    have his post edited
    or banned

Really i think its time you grew up,seriously :rolleyes:

Oh good a resonable response.

But Gandalf.

Is there some specail rule here that allows certain Memebrs and Mods to constantly break the rules?

Actually there are bannings of other members for various reasons, normally abuse, scams, racism. Sometimes we warn people and then if they persist ban them. In your case you have been given plenty of leeway considering your normal engagement is to cut & paste articles and include very little of your own views which is in violation of the Politics board charter. The particular post that got you banned was the straw that broke the camels back.

It appears that you value being a member of boards.ie because you keep coming back. I suggest you engage in some PMs with Devore and sort your differences out. Obviously you will have to express yourself in a less base format.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Ok

Offensive remark by Sposs!

I wait for him to be
    reprimanded
    have his post edited
    or banned

you should click the report this post to a moderator thread and report his post to a moderator.

i think its a good lesson in the inequality of the world at large and the fact that not everything in life is fair.

moaning will only bring howls of derisive laughter from your peers

/me howls with derisive laughter.

ahem....

By the way andimproved197 or KimTae or whatever your called that account has been banned from the Politics board because your spamming articles and one worded responses.

Gandalf.

But ask him this if your father is still alive, did your father leave the Norths political situation because of the strangle hold many Anti-Agreement Unionsts have on the Norths climate. Didn't right-wing Loyalism try to force this campaign out, today many Anti-Agreement Loyalists are bitter now because they never wanted to Share power with Catholics.

No. There WAS no agreement when we lived in the north. Thats a very recent thing.

We left because clearly partisan people couldnt accept us helping people without recourse to their religious/political beliefs. Primarily nationalists believe it or not.

Anyway, NONE of this is to do with you're banning. I didnt see Discostu be rude to you (or as rude are you were seemingly out of the blue).

"Civility now..."

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not that I've noticed. Unfortunately your point of view seems a bit one sided and doesn't allow for debate. You seem convinced that you are right, above all else. If it doesn't go your way, you start calling everyone "pro-british" and "pro-loyalist" because they disagree with you.

I don't think that excuse works anywhere outside the schoolyard. Just because someone calls you something, you don't have to respond in kind. That, to use boards.ie parlance, is muppetry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

That's total crap. As proof, there's a thread going on over in Politics right now where people are despairing of the tactics being pulled by the hardliners in the UUP.

No-one's been flamed yet, on either side of the argument (though of course here's the possibility that if you join in someone will be). It's nothing personal but if you take the bait you#re probably just as much at fault as whoever baited you. If you were doing the baiting in the first place, well you get the idea. There's no reason for (intended) personal insults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Isn't it a little strange how certain memebers of this baord are allowed fame and insult other members without consequence or reprimand, the pro-British stance of many memebers, the anti-Irish statements and the [/b]Frreem@son forum all hint at some people here being very very Pro-Loyalist [/b]and also hint at some memebers at moderators being Anti-Catholic and Pro-British.

You are an utter moron :)
    bye now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by DeVore
    Iceman, I'm not sure I get you.

If Bigotted comments are overlooked its because Boards is now pushing 80K impressions a DAY. Theres a link on every post to report it to the Mod (and it copies me in on it) so if you see ANYONE being rascist or bigotted, then report it and it will get dealt with. If you dont report it, how can we know? I hate to tell you but I dont read EVERY post on Boards :)

There are only one set of rules, and Civility is at the top of it.

DeV.

Sorry Dev it wasn't meant as an actual complaint to mods or else I would have reported the post, I was merely trying (through sarcasm) to point out the stupidity of the comment that they had made.

If I failed to make that point....my fault. Don't want to get confused here :)

BTW Mercury....didn't appreciate that little statement nomatter how small you write it. I was hoping that boards.ie would be free from statements like that, and keep their own personal political affiliative views to themselves - even if only to keep the peace (BTW I realise this is more than likely sarcasm on your part - but it's ill placed and badly timed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Brian Bennette

It seems to me that he (kim) was banned beacuse of he's knowledge of Irish histiry and his political views.

There is without doubt a strong pro-British Lobby controling this board, and I don't understand how so many Pro-English moderators can control the politics boards with their biased anti-Irish and anti-Republican thoughts.

Many of you people have no clue about Irish culture, language, music or history.

Kim makes a good point why are this British lobby trying to force their politcal beliefs and ideas down peoples throats?

Ireland is a democracy and the Irish don't have the Queens representatives or British-Lords forcing issues inside the country.

Shouldn't you people either close this biased politcal board,
    Rename this site boards united kingdom
    or pack up and go back to England?

The people in Ireland have a voice and a vote and they have a right to voice their concerns and thoughts about the North.

I suspect many people here on boards ie won't voice their thoughts because the fallout would plunge boardsie into chaos with all the British moderators.

Or is this a site simply for British people to constantly bittch about Ireland's culture and it's political system?

Originally posted by Dustaz
    You are an utter moron :)
    bye now.

You are all British diccks

Let's see which post gets edited first?

This is such a troll.

Good bye to you both, believe what you will of me. I'm tired of your rascist tirades.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Your's will of course Brian, because we all love Dustaz and hate you ...

Please oh please lock this thread and stop giving these utter gob****es the attention they are seeking.

Originally posted by Brian Bennette
    It seems to me that he (kim) was banned beacuse of he's knowledge of Irish histiry and his political views.
    No, he was banned for posting this:
    "I know why DiscoStu licks his balls, its to get rid of the taste of COCK!!"
    Can't you read?

Originally posted by DeVore
    This is such a troll.

Good bye to you both, believe what you will of me. I'm tired of your rascist tirades.

DeV.

Canada sucks btw

Originally posted by DaveIrl
    Wan,ker

F*ck off back to your own country

Hmm isn't it great how some Pro-British are alowed to spew racist remarks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

12clicked.jpg

• Advertisement

Too right, Gone Shootin.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Keep on Trekin

I agree

the Pro-English lobby have a strangle hold on this forum.

It's time we shutdown or close politics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

So now I'm anti Irish and pro British. Thanks for telling me that btw, now I can go out and get my Union-Jack :rolleyes:

Right. Either this is a co-incidence or we've stirred up a hornets nest of discontent in relation to Northern Ireland. Just to point one or two things out in relation to the politics board.

To everybody who has not already done so: read the politics charter. Re-read it. Then think before you post. I can guarantee that no-one who follows this charter will be banned or censored, no matter what their political opinions are, not by me at least.

I don't care what political views you hold. What I do care about is how you express your view on the politics board. I will not tolerate personal insults, derogatory, racist and vulgar language. Stay civil, and you will stay posting. That is all. If DeV has a problem with this (which I doubt) he can remove me as mod (no hard feelings and all that).

I recommend locking this thread now by the way. This has gotten way out of hand.

Waht do you think Daisy err.... I mean Devore or are you ging to avoid and ignore this issue as usual?

Why is there a free-M"son forum on boards ie?

Swiis you fool no one

The people in control of this boards are odviously a Pro-English group, for this reason We should now close politics group

Admission...

I'd just like to confirm to you all that I am totally Pro British. In fact for four years now I have been running boards.IE as a gigantic MI6 operation to subtly silence Kim TaeWoooo (aka Kim
    Tea Wooohoo Donuts!) and other freedom fighters for the just and righteous cause of Ireland.

For four years now I've infiltrated the games world of Ireland so as to avoid arousing suspicion and built a reputation there so as to *appear* to be genuine.

All the time my secret overlords (aliens who have taken charge of the British Intelligence community) were controling my thoughts from their Orbital Laser Platforms which, as everyone knows, were launched into space while the world was momentarily distracted by the World Cup finals in 1998.

By the way, there are no others Admins. That bloke claiming to be Regi at the Boards drink? A paid actor.
    John Breslin (an unsuspecting doctorate student , now lecturer in NUIG) has never heard of Boards.ie. I merely faked posts from him to give me extra cover.

These last four years, by subtly deleting posts and banning users I've managed to forestall the ENTIRE peace process and several other peace initiative that were suggested on Humanities by Gerry Adams but quickly snipped by me before word of them could spread. As a result of MY ACTIONS Mr Adams has returned to the use of the gun and bomb stating "I have rights too you know!".

Recently Kim Tae Woo has stumbled onto pieces of the puzzle and while not yet understanding the GREATER CONSPIRACY has seen too much and her AWESOME power of setting up new and innovative usernames has ended my charade. Kim (and Kim alone!) understands the TRUE NATURE OF THINGS.
    I cannot stand against one shining star of truth against the darkness.

I wanted to gather ALL IRISHMEN to boards.ie so that I could more easily CONTROL THEIR THOUGHTS and monitor their interactions.

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it werent for you pesky kids.

DeVore.

Originally posted by Keep on Trekin
    Waht do you think Daisy err.... I mean Devore or are you ging to avoid and ignore this issue as usual?

Why is there a free-M"son forum on boards ie?

I cant comment on that.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

that mirror site of yours over in GCHQ had me scratchin my head until I realised that it wasn't a scabby free hosting scam thing but an actual live conspiracy to get them persistent cookies inserted into the irish nationalist communityhard drive space.

once i figured it all out for meself I was happy....finally.

i slept well that night.

M

Note to British Overfiends: "Muck knows too much... prepare to abduct...."

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Sounds a bit like this could be a storyline in Ropeh's book if it ever comes about...

• Advertisement
Advertisement