Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a CDRW with the following...

• 05-10-2002 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

...burn proof tech, cd-text input and Nero as burning software bundle. I'm looking for something with all three and have found a Plextor drive for €150 at komplete.ie.

Anyone got something cheaper...?

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

for sale board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oops! :D

I was'nt checking for 2nd hand gear just if anyone had bought the above spec CDWR for less and where from!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,295 ✭✭✭✭L1011

not sure about CD-text, but a JustLink RICOH at peats for €75, with 11 CD-Rs and a CD-RW. I have it, and it works fine... and Nero, albeit 5.1, not 5.5

...if you can find it.... no longer on the website, may be sold out

While browseing I found this
    http://www.peats.ie/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=5398&type=6&path=14x116x522

and €50 cheaper than the Plextor! :)

I think I'll order one.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Phone to ensure its in, if you are going to buy it in the shop.... i regularly find its out, or only one or two returned ones left....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The plextor looks good.
    I ahve a 16x one and I swear by it.

Thanks for the recomendation SysPac but having just created another frizbee with my Freecom :mad: I'll go with the CyberDrive. I just e-mailed Peats to check a point of detail the €109 is very keen price.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Dunno bout the CD-TEXT but my 40X LG which I got for tiny money from Komplett does have burnproof and also came with Nero 5.5 (albeit an LG Licensed one).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Liteon CDRW (IDE Inetrnal) - 40X-12-48X + burn proof with Nero 5.5 for €89 in PC World Liffey Valley!!! Checked it out on the web and it got great reviews! A m8 of mine got one and it works great!

Not sure it supports cd text though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,047 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Komplett have a CD-RW special of an NEC 40x Burner for 59 Euro.
    It is OEM but it is a fantastic deal.I dont think it has Nero though.
    Special will last until tomorrow I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I got an Asus CRW-4012A (40x12x48) from Komplett for €99 a few weeks ago. It comes bundled with nero 5.5.8 (or thereabouts) and can read CD-text. I don't think it can write CD text though.

Thanks for all the bragging/helpful sugestions! :D
    I need text input as most CDs I burn contain music tracks which I send out to my very small army of fans, and its good to be able to read the track names in winmap etc.

I'll go with the Cyber Drive as mentioned.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by livEwirE
    Liteon CDRW (IDE Inetrnal) - 40X-12-48X + burn proof with Nero 5.5 for €89 in PC World Liffey Valley!!! Checked it out on the web and it got great reviews! A m8 of mine got one and it works great!

Not sure it supports cd text though.

Purchased yday.

Very fast, relaible, Nero 5.5

Not 100% sure about Cd txt tho. Sorry Mike.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Quigs Snr
    Dunno bout the CD-TEXT but my 40X LG which I got for tiny money from Komplett does have burnproof and also came with Nero 5.5 (albeit an LG Licensed one).

It should work as my old 8x LG has it along with overburning. It just don't have burnproof technology :(

I think I have just found the ultimate CDRW- the Yamaha
    CRW-F1 which e.stock er stock down in Cork for €103+ VAT and post.

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/computer/extra/products/crwf1/crwf1.html

8mb buffer!

Very Nice. :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I have Ricoh mp9200A over a year now and it has most of the above with windvd nero and some other program.

Great burner but seems to be dying slowly doing weird things with cds.

kdja

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Originally posted by mike65

Jesus the specs on that drive are unreal, some cool new features there and it's a 44x 24x 44x yamaha for that price??? Thats the best rewrite speed I've heard of. Are you sure they quoted you on the right drive? :)

http://www.e-stock.ie/cdrw.htm

Its near the bottom of the list, I sent them an e-mail
    to place an initial order query on Tueday night but they hav'nt been back to me! :mad:

I read a few of those epic on-line reviews that Amercian tech writers so love, and its sounds like the dogs whatsits! :D

Mike.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I seriously think theres a mistake on e-stock cause it's 175 on Komplett, plus for 100 Euro your looking at a cheap brand name 48x 12x 48x if your lucky. Apart from paying extra for the name Yamaha, that drive has great new features, especially regarding audio which will suite you. I like the way you can use a CD-RW disk as a normal HD and drag and drop files onto it easily. Plus I think thats the fastest rewrite speed you can get which helps with this feature. If your lucky you'll be able to hold e-stock to the price they've advertised. I doubt it tho cause I've seen companies getting away with it by saying it's a simple mistake, plus they haven't accepted your order yet.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=25854&t=1226&l=1&AvdID=1&CatID=3&GrpID=6&s=pl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/computer/extra/products/crwf1/crwf1.html

8mb buffer!

Very Nice. :)

Mike.

Got one of thema few months ago,
    Very nice writer.
    Cant get the full 44x out of it yet.
    If ya flash it your ment to get 48x outta some media but i can only get 41x max.
    Still good tho.

I seriously think theres a mistake on e-stock cause it's 175 on Komplett, plus for 100 Euro your looking at a cheap brand name 48x 12x 48x if your lucky

I was on the phone to e-stock this morning vis-a-vis that e-mail, and got a confirmation of the price of €103+VAT.
    So it better still be that when they get back to me to confirm the order (its out of stock till next week).

PPC what price did you pay and from where?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I was on the phone to e-stock this morning vis-a-vis that e-mail, and got a confirmation of the price of €103+VAT.
    So it better still be that when they get back to me to confirm the order (its out of stock till next week).

PPC what price did you pay and from where?

Mike.

Got it from the Yamaha distro in ireland, it was €200 to buy wholesale i think.

That price is defo too cheap, but buy it asap if they're selling it for that price

Let us know how you get on Mike, I'll get one myself if I can, thats one kick a$$ burner!

Will do Blade, whats the chances they will realise thier mistake by the time they get new stock in?

Mike.

Yeh thats the thing if they had some in stock you'd probably get it alright but theres a good chance they'll spot it when they get the stock in, what with the invoices and all that. But you can probably hold them to it especially if you have the name of the guy who told you it on the phone. If theres only a few people complaining about the advertising error they'll probably look after them to avoid the bad publicity. You can always threaten to go to the papers with it :) Though personally I wouldn't do it cause I know it's a mistake and some poor c*nt might loose his job over it.

Similar stories have made the news in the UK only recently although they were a lot more exciting, like the crowd advertising sony laptops for round 80 quid, and loads of people ordered them online with credit cards so they were claiming that because the company accepted the payment by card that both parts of the transaction was complete and therefor the company should stand by their agreement. Along with the fact that they were falsely advertising the pressure group of customers that got together lookin for the cheap laptops didn't get anywhere.

Well I've got my drive finally, and its not the Yamaha CRW-F1
    as they never got back to me and they surely would have spotted the price error, anyway I went for the Plextor 40/10/40A at Komplett (hiss boo!) and installed it a few hours ago, burnt two audio CDs so far, one with Plextors own software one with Nero 5.5 (which is bundled) and both did the job quickly without any errors. Me happy! :)

Mike.

Advertisement