Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACPI = teh pants

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have tried reading on the web Sutty but it's practically impossible to get anything relevant. I can now manage to delete drivers and when I restart, I get the Found New Hardware screen but when I install software, it acts up again.

I have tried changing BIOS settings like EPP ECP etc. to no avail.

The printer and scanner are looped and have always been looped since I got them from Gateway!

I'll persevere another while and after that if it don't work I will take some pleasure in smashing the damned thing with a hammer or next best thing!

My only other problem is if I buy a new printer, they're all USB nowadays and I'm worried that my USB ports don't work! :rolleyes:

Ah the pleasures of owning a Gateway! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Ok, so let me get this right.... you haven't tryed the printer by its self?

did this just start happing or has it always done it?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by sutty
    Ok, so let me get this right.... you haven't tryed the printer by its self?

I'm not totally stupid :rolleyes: It was one of the first things I tried. Plus I bought a USB - Parallel Printer cable from Marx to no avail either (me wonders about my USB ports).

BUT!!!!

As I speak the printer is printing for its first time in about 2 months!!!

After much deliberating and swearing, it is finally working and has escaped the wrath of a clawhammer!

I again deleted drivers and installed drivers which I again downloaded from Epson. Lo and behold it now works. I can only assume that the previous drivers I downloaded were corrupt or something which seems kinda odd for a zipped file?

Though before I removed ACPI, the PC wouldn't even recognise either scanner or printer so between both efforts, all is back in action much to my elation! Time for a few drinks methinks after all that pullavva!

Thanks guys for all your expert help. Tis much appreciated! ;)

Advertisement