Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone remember Saturday at 3.pm is for?

• 05-10-2002 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think the FA do, once apon a time every game kicked-off in unison and we the home viewer/listener could then enjoy watching the teleprinter as the reults came in, there was tension in the air....now though the tea-time table means little or nothing most saturdays.

There are now proberly only four days in the season
    where everyone is wondering hows thier team has done,
    the first day, boxing day, new years day, and the last day of the season.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

able to watch more of the games on tv now tho :)
    (if u have sky sports etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Too right! I hate all this 3 day drip-feeding of results. It totally takes away from the game when they say something like 'That win for Chelsea takes them top of the league .... unless of course Liverpool win at 4pm who in turn might have to settle for 2nd if Arsenal win away at 6pm.... yadda yadda.' Just pick a time a play it. **** all those armchair morons out there in TV land.

Actually this spreading out of fixtures is one of the reasons IMHO that the Eircom League isn't as well supported as it could be. Matches are spread out over 4 days of the week and then nobody even knows when the matches are going to be on!

For example I thought Bohs v Bray was going to be on last Friday and I only found out on the day that it had been changed to today. The casual attendee is probably going say 'screw that' and go do something else.

If they just set 3PM SUNDAY afternoon as the time when EL matches are going to be on and STUCK TO IT then more people would start attending out of habit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The Premiership lives off "all those armchair morons out there in TV land.".

The league here is spoiled by selfish clubs who cannot agree on a common kick off day or time, and also spoiled by the shoddy administration that will not force them to.
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ahh the good old days of saturday 3pm.
    It is a bit crap now spread out.

But im quite happy with pats playing on friday nights ,suits the fans and the club gets more fans to friday night games than it would to sunday afternoon games regardless of a premiership match on or not.

its a shame we are crap :(

kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Saturday at 3pm is the best time to play football, no matter where in the world. Although Friday night suits Dublin clubs, it doesn't suit everyone else, and I wouldn't mind changing to Saturday if it meant everyone making the change.

• Advertisement
Advertisement