Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Agents grr

Options
  • 06-10-2002 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

Out with my gf looking at new a development near Castleknock last Wednesday. Had a look around the various showhouse/showduplexes and I must admit they were good.
    So I queue up outside the Sales office with a large group of people, and await to be let in.The queue moves on..
    I get to near the top of the queue and the Sales agent comes out and says they are closing..

Well you stupid bimbo, wasn't it obvious 3/4s of an hour ago that not everybody would get in...(not my exact words but close enough!)
    Grrrrr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

I have been in a few queues like yourselves, I have got to the front and spoke to her luckily but she just toke my name and number and said I will be contacted on new developments as they are all sold out but I am on the cancelation list. I think I was just given the run around as I never hear from any of them ever again and it is a matter of continuosly keeping your eyes peeled to see new developments. In Castleknock the recent development Castle Grove was almost sold out before they released them to deposits to the mere mortals who need a roof over there head. So I guess they keep alot of them for friends family and business aquantances before the public. But maybe I am being a sceptic. But so far on my travels to get a apartment which is not over yet as I am still looking, I have learned you need to have the money/cheque in your hand and a call the the agent a few times a week to stay clued in so it is a full time job but the service they give is questionable and definitely dont make it any easier to get what you want at exorberant prices.

The best of lucky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I don't suppose that was 'Annfield' jd? If it was we'd be near neighbours. I bought in Fernliegh last year. I must admit me experince of Leahy, the selling agent was brutally simple. 5mins and I was a prospective owner. However, they do employ a lot of muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Borzoi
    I don't suppose that was 'Annfield' jd? If it was we'd be near neighbours. I bought in Fernliegh last year. I must admit me experince of Leahy, the selling agent was brutally simple. 5mins and I was a prospective owner. However, they do employ a lot of muppets.
    Twas annfield, but buying elsewhere noe..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Some places at least give you a number while queuing, but I think it's largely about hyping the market, when there is a reduction of hype compared to the last 2-3 years.

PM me if you want someone for a snag list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Going on the cancellation list can work. a mate of mine got his appartment by going on the cancellation list for an appartment black out Cabinteely way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement