Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3 Connection Tweakage

Options
  • 06-10-2002 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Hey there, I need to know how to change my rates and updaterate and all that. What are the commands does anyone know? Also i'm on 56k so if anybody has one made i'd like to have it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Get ISDN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

here's what i used when on 56K.

// net
    seta cl_maxpackets "30"
    seta cl_timenudge "0"
    seta rate "3800"
    seta snaps "20"

just add those to your config.

if you dont know anything about config files, and dont have one, you can d/l mine (which was basicly cogged from koopa somewhere along the line) from here. if your're new to messing with configs, this is going to make q3 look ugly... but thats a good thing ;)

let us know if you have any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Thnxs i tried the rates and stuff and got a 200 ping which isn't great so i think isdn is the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

200 ping is fairly standard in q3 for modem. It always depends on ISP and time, if you connect at 4am to a good ISP on an Irish server you'll probably get 130 ping assuming the server isn't busy and full of broadbanders.

Advertisement