Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SB Live Drive

• 06-10-2002 3:33pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all...

I've got an SB Live Drive on my PC and I'm trying to use the optical port on it to record onto my cousin's MD Recorder (which does have an optical line-in).

We got the wee cable and everything was connected properly. My problem is I'm not sure how to get the "sound" to go out of the optical port and onto the recording MD. I've got fairly recent drivers and all that (running Win2K). Other ports of the Live Drive seem to output automatically without my intervention (I've recorded things out of it before, just not with the optical port).

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Have you opened the Windows Sound Properties,
    and selected the appriopriate play output? I'm not sure which it is but there are names like TAD-in and SPDIF
    which might need selecting. Just a guess. :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Open the volume control from the system tray, click advanced and then select Digital output only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Check you have a red light coming out (obviously).

What frequency does the input of the MD take?

Advertisement