Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Firm game.

• 06-10-2002 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

I'll get shot down for admiting I saw even a second of the old firm game live but I watched the last half-hour much like an athropologist (!).

The main conclusion I drew is that its good for the a&e departments when there is a draw (ot at least thats what the BBC co-commentator reckoned, and he was'nt joking) and that Chris Sutton is an even bigger cheat than he was when playing in the Premiership! How could the ref or his helpers miss that "fight-with-an-octopus" carry-on which led to the third Celtic goal which Sutton scored just to rub salt in...?

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Jake

Originally posted by mike65
    I'll get shot down for admiting I saw even a second of the old firm game live but I watched the last half-hour much like an athropologist (!).

The main conclusion I drew is that its good for the a&e departments when there is a draw (ot at least thats what the BBC co-commentator reckoned, and he was'nt joking) and that Chris Sutton is an even bigger cheat than he was when playing in the Premiership! How could the ref or his helpers miss that "fight-with-an-octopus" carry-on which led to the third Celtic goal which Sutton scored just to rub salt in...?

Mike.

I have friends who go over to OF games (jammy bastards have access to season tickets) and theyv informed me that the AandR departments are alwasy busy after OF games no matter what the score!
    :D

Intersting that you didnt conclude that it will probably end up being one of the most exciting games youll see this season......
    A spot of the old English blinkers maybe, but then again alot of you seem to be good at that when it suites ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Jake
    I have friends who go over to OF games (jammy bastards have access to season tickets) and theyv informed me that the AandR departments are alwasy busy after OF games no matter what the score!

Fantastic!! Nothing like going to the match then breaking some heads afterwards for extra entertainment!! That's what it's all about!!

It's so great and laddish to kick someone's head in!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Twat.

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Fantastic!! Nothing like going to the match then breaking some heads afterwards for extra entertainment!! That's what it's all about!!

It's so great and laddish to kick someone's head in!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Twat.

Hey, penis head!

Why are you calling me a twat?

Its a fact of life in the central west area of Scotland that trouble usually follows Of games in areas that have social tensions eg Brigeton Cross or some of the sourrounding towns in Lanarkshire.

Are you trying to claiming Iv been involved in this kind of incidents or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Football arouses passions that can spill over into anti-social behaviour, this happens, get over it. If youv'e never wanted to (foe even a second) punch an opposing fan, then you haven't experienced being a fan. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

God I'm glad RTE showed that match rather than the "Dublin Derby".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

there wasnt many "Prawn sandwich"* eaters at that Match

*as Roy Keane Described Man U fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Jake

Intersting that you didnt conclude that it will probably end up being one of the most exciting games youll see this season......
    A spot of the old English blinkers maybe, but then again alot of you seem to be good at that when it suites ye!

Like I said I only saw the last 30 mins so I could'nt be sure what the whole game had been like, though Alan Hansen semed to enjoy it! I still think the SPL sucks though, as 4 competitive games a year does not make a league.

Mike.

INteresting to note that pIE describes Bohs Rovers as the "Dublin derby", when in fairness, Man United Liverpool would probably be more worthy of the title, all you need to know about Dublin's "soccer public"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Originally posted by Bateman
    INteresting to note that pIE describes Bohs Rovers as the "Dublin derby", when in fairness, Man United Liverpool would probably be more worthy of the title, all you need to know about Dublin's "soccer public"

Well I wonder why that might be?

Could it be that watching 22 men hoof the ball about the park, with gaping gaps where you might expect spectators would not provide the same effect as watching a match full of internationals, (some Irish) providing a match with electric amosphere, (even on TV) and demonstrating skill aswell a passion?

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Being a regular traveller to Celtic Park and having been over at the game on Sunday I can tell you that OF games are never the most technical but they do serve up some great excitement. The athmosphere at these games can not be compared to anywhere else and as stated already there is always trouble in certain parts of the city after the games no matter what the score is. There were seven stabbings on Sunday night and seventeen arrested inside the ground during the game. This was not a busy night for the Strathclyde Police as things can be a lot worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Bateman
    Football arouses passions that can spill over into anti-social behaviour, this happens, get over it. If youv'e never wanted to (foe even a second) punch an opposing fan, then you haven't experienced being a fan. :o

that is a load of crap.
    are you saying that because i dont have loutish tendencies and want to hit other people im not a fan.

no.

im not a thug.

get a grip lad.

Whitewash, I never said that you were a thug, but no you don't have to have loutish tendencies and nor should you. Now get back in your box.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

If this thread was a conversation in a bub it would be a full blowen row by now. There was only one thug present on Sunday and that was fernando Ricksen and i'm not being bias. I will painfully admit the Lerenzo Amaruso (my most hated player and biggest wanker of all time) had a good game and celtic would have won if he had not being playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Celtic didnt win because Douglas was in goals.

As for ricksen, all he can do is kick people. Even advocaat got sick of him being sent off in Old Firm games and hardly played him at all in his last season in charge in charge.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

that ross guy was a disgrace as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I said Dublin Derby (in inverted commas, I might add) because somebody referred to it as that in a previous thread.

Originally posted by mike65
    Like I said I only saw the last 30 mins so I could'nt be sure what the whole game had been like, though Alan Hansen semed to enjoy it! I still think the SPL sucks though, as 4 competitive games a year does not make a league.

Mike.

Youll get no arguments from me there Mike the SPL is pure ****e!
    But what can I say, Celtic are the only team that arrouse my footballing passions

As for the beautiful game.............. I try and watch as much of Real Madrid as I can

Advertisement