Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea

• 06-10-2002 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

1-0 the Pool.

GWAN!
    Who said Owen was in a slump?

I didn't see the match butt 90th min or not, a win is a win and the more we keep winning, the more the Gunners gloat of going unbeaten this season looks less likely.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Steady!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

*Does a little jig of delight*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Jake

Much like Micheal Owen doing an interview (which he did today) Liverpool are boring as ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Jake
    Much like Micheal Owen doing an interview (which he did today) Liverpool are boring as ****!

Watching the game on Sky there tonight, I can officially say...

BOLLOX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

From what little I saw (2nd half) I thought CFC dominated but created fúckall, and with a few minuted to go, you could see Liverpool were soaking it up, and were going to do exactly what they did last season. They probably deserved it really, its hard to feel robbed when youv'e created nothing, no matter how much you dominate in the middle. Liverpool are absolutely -10 from 10 for entertainment value though, disgraceful to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yah so you and many others have said at lest 32727363 times now.

It's working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

boring boring liverpool.... :(

I always wanted to go and see Liverpool at Anfield, but because they are* so Boring... I might go and see Sunderland..

*correction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    boring boring liverpool.... :(

I always wanted to go and see Liverpool at Anfield, but because there so Boring... I might go and see Sunderland..

Well you'll see goals at The Stadium of Light alright :D...seriously though, Sunderland are in a real mess,
    such a big club won't put up with that level of underacheivment for much longer, esp with Middlesboro
    flying now.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Chelsea should have won but didn't. Thought that the Pool were screwed when SH limped off, don't rate Djimi highly. But just like last year we knocked one in at the death. Is it a bit early to wonder about Rainieri's future ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Well from the comfort of my seat in the front row in the Centenary stand.... :p I thought the match was quite good. There was a bit of a slump at the start of the second half, but the first half was entertaining. Got to see a few Johnny Riise throw ins up close. The corner that Le Saux took was very funny too. All the Liverpool fans were giving him loads and he was laughing away...

• Advertisement

>Got to see a few Johnny Riise throw ins up close.

???????
    Well worth the money so...
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Chelsea should have won but didn't. Thought that the Pool were screwed when SH limped off, don't rate Djimi highly. But just like last year we knocked one in at the death. Is it a bit early to wonder about Rainieri's future ?

I don't think he should have been hired at all. He's st1te!!!!

Still don't understand why they sacked Vialli. If Chelsea are to deliver I don't see it happening with Rainieri involved.

Back to the point though, a win is a win. I don't think it matters how it comes whether in the first or last minute. Nobody is mentioning the last year Utd won the premiership is was due to a string of 1-0 victorys all scored in the final minutes.

I'd say Ranieri is safe. Winning at Anfield is a rare feat, and teh performance from Chelsea was satisfactory, the whole of our team is going through a Micheal Owen period, the shots just are not going in. But when the goals come, the performances like that against United will look a lot better. Chelsea are still winning MOST of the home games, and drawing MOST of the aways, thats top3 form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Fair play to liverpool i guess. You know what they say. if you play badly yet still win you got a chance at the title. (**** i hope not :D )

CFC deserved the win as liverpool really did sweet fa. Very lucky with the goal.
    Only real shouting point about the whole match was the screamer (was it gerrard?) from liverpool. That had me oohing :)

Felt gutted at the end tho. Really felt sorry for Chelsea. they worked so hard, and for nawt. They'd feel like **** on the way home i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Originally posted by Bateman
    >Got to see a few Johnny Riise throw ins up close.

???????
    Well worth the money so...
    :rolleyes:

There's always one....

Advertisement