Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuring NetProxy

Options
  • 06-10-2002 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭

i am having problem configuring net proxy. I want netproxy to control the dial up to the internet but i cant find the setting in DUN for it.

The help system says this
    f NetProxy is to connect to the Internet using Windows dial-up networking (DUN), as is the case with most modem or ISDN connections, then start the Windows Control Panel application, and display the properties for “Internet”. Select the “Connection” tab and click the “Connect to the Internet using a local area network” option. This ensures that dial-on-demand access is fully controlled by NetProxy, rather than by Windows.

But i cant find the setting.

I am using XP SP1 with IE 6.

Please help.

I am wondering will a prxoy server on a standalone system improve the speed of the connection as i have linked up again to IOl proxy.

Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

AFAIR that option is available on Win 9x systems in IE options, on the connections tab...

At the moment, im running 'proxy+' on winXP, and have the XP PC, a 2k PC, and a linux PC all using the net connection together. 2 problems with it though, firstly theres some DNS resolution for the 2nd and 3rd PC's sometimes (no idea why), and secondly, the security/access policys to proxy+'s config (which is done via a small webserver included in the program) don't seem to work (ie they let everything in, or nothing in - whereas you should be able to select specific addresses to allow access to)

proxy+ is free, and available from here.

Advertisement