Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair

• 06-10-2002 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

Ok... people have been freaking out at me and *I'm* starting to get worried....

My hair is coming out really easily. In fact I'm shedding tons constantly. I don't feel all too stressed cause i usually am quite laid back and i look after my hair well enough.

I have long hair but it's not THAT long and besides, it comes out easily even when it's short. I'm young and not balding <if i wasn't ripping chunks out myself i'd have a very thick head of hair>...

So what is it and what can i do to stop it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

:eek: you are going to die in 4 hours and 52 seconds.

It could be that your hair (being the length of your avatar's) is very long. The longer the hair the more prone to being pulled out by a comb or brush it is. Are you growing it or is it short?

It could be a change in diet, I'm sure protein is probably a good thing for your hair, go eat a kipper. It could be stress. It could be someone creeping up to you when you are sleeping and putting small blotches of immac indiscriminately on your scalp*.

You are in your teens or early 20s aren't you? I wouldn't worry about it just yet. If it gets sore on your scalp or if large wodges and clumps fall out definately go to a doctor. When i had long hair I would always have loads coming off my brush (oo err thats a mild Finbarr Saunders there)

Don't worry just yet.

*don't use immac to shave your hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i wouldn't worry about it, everyone is constantly losing hair, you only really notice it when its long hair though. if it gets sore, you start losing large clumps or you end up with patches, head for the doctor coz you might have some kind of skin problems or something. other than that i wouldn't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

As long as you dont have patches with no hair and the hair is growing back/still you should be fine. The drains in the shower may not be :)

I have constantly shed hair for years, everytime I drush my hair I loose about another 20 strands, same if i run my fingers through my hair, but it had never worried me and my tresses are still intact.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

my hair falls out constantly, so much so, that sometimes I wonder how come I have any left, but I do, so it would seem like it's normal enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Mmmmm, hereditary baldness!

(Only joking, I'm sure its nothing ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

I'm with Beruthiel. It just does that, I guess. I don't seem any balder, though I am going grey at the ripe old age of 26.

Course, it could be a government conspiracy...the hair are your ariels to the cosmos man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Well, you have over 10000 hiars, so I wouldnt worry too much...

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭strawberry

Well maybe things would improve if you stopped tugging it out given the slightest excuse. It's probably weakening your roots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

Sorry if this has already been asked but do you pull your hair out urself??? If you do and you can stop. It could possible be OCD. Which only occurs in extreme cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I enjoy being bald and so I shave my head.

P and Q.
    P therefore Q.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Erm... it's gotten to the stage where i CAN pull out hair without it hurting at all. Was just a bit worried that it's coming out too easily <my avatar is a pretty good idea of what i look like> cause there's a big amount on my brush and clothes and bed and... you get the idea... but i don't seem to be balding so just gonna relax and ignore people complaining about finding my hairs all over their stuff. ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

You are probably going bald so... guano happens.

See ye olde Gp/Quack see what he/she/quack has to say.
    I doubt it is something to worry about.

Plus if you have long hair and don't take care of it (ie lots of split ends) it tends to fall out in protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I have a problem with excess facial hair above my eyebrows and to the sides =/

It's annoying. I pluck it, but it comes back even coarser and abundant. I guess I could leave it alone, but I'm a very self conscious 18 year old aswell as being very Vain.

Should I leave it alone, or get some professional help?

I added this here because this thread is about hair, and so is my post, so It would be sort of stupid to start another thread about hair. I'm not trying to hijack it =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I also have a slight monobrow worry. It was originally pointed out to me by friends so I shaved it off(didnt stop to think). Now I find myself having to shave it every few days to stop it from becoming noticable. Should I just carry on like this or is there some laser treatment I should get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

there are hair bleaching kits in chemists boots and the like for ladies that are a bit furry about the face.

as for monobrows you may be better to pluck it but not everyone as the pain tolerence for that , you could wax it or the long term electrois it kills the hair folical so it dont grow back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

plucking is really probably the easiest and cheapest way to deal with a monobrow, get over the pain, its nothing compared to some things women do to themselves...

Like?:p

Since we're on the topic of hair, this may interest you....
    http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2284783.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

A possible answer could be alapichia(i have not idea how this is spelt)it is a very rare disease which can either be caused by stress or it can simply be hereditary.

A friend of mine got this last year and his hair started falling out very easily and he also began to develop bald patches.

Now the Doctor will tell you that there is nothing you can do but, if you do have this, go down to your local Chinese medical centre and tell them what the story is, my friend now has no more hair loss or bald patches due to a product they gave to him.

Best of luck with it.

Samba

Advertisement