Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i get big shoes?

Options
  • 06-10-2002 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

I have a real bitch of a problem, its nigh on impossible for me to get shoes that actually fit without causing my feet to explode in blisters and nearly break my toes in the process.

I have size 14 feet and cant find shoes/runners anywhere, thats were you come in, yes you, where can i get size 14 shoes preferably within the dublin city area that stock 14' shoes and have a decent selection, not just some clown accessories warehouse.

cheers
    Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

Try a shoe shop. :p

Yeah, :rolleyes: if only it was so easy for us too!

I was just about to post the exact same question last week!

I eventually found out (took me a few months of wearing size 12's OUCH!), where they're available...

Elvery Sports off Grafton Street - I'm lead to believe that they do large size runners - haven't tried them though.

Heather's Shoes - on the quays, they do big sizes in shoes and a very small range of runners.

[/B]Arnotts[/B] - they do larger shoe sizes. Don't bother with the Lee(i think) brand. The soles fell apart after a few weeks.

BEST OF ALL:, I found, was Barratts on Grafton Street. I know for a fact they had a size 14 (of PODs) in stock a few days ago. They also do their own brand of "tall and small".
    Be careful with the price though - two pairs of the exact same model and size shoe were priced €88 (top shelf) and €101(shelf below). In the Ilac branch, the same model and size was €83. When she scanned my pair, they went in at €91(I guess it's 'cos they were non-standard size) But I have shoes that don't hurt, so I'm happy!!!

Try the POD shoes website - you'll see the sizes they manufacture (Up to a size 15 in most shoes!!!)
    Therefore, if a shop does PODs, they should have no problem getting in the larger size for you.

Hope that helps :D

BTW, let me know if you find any place that does nice large runners.

PS, I'm seriously thinkin of setting up a Big Feet club to make larger shoe sizes more easily available to us. Would there be any takers?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Theres a shop in ternure called Large Is Lovely. AFAIK, its for the large lady, but they would probably be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

theres a clothing shop called "Mr Big" in Goatstown opposite the Goat pub

again not a shoe shop but might be able to point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I'm a size 12 so I have similar problems - though Clarks do up to 12s

Heathers on the quays is a pretty good spot, but my favourite would be Arnotts who do up to 15 no problem, in both shoes and trainers too AFAIK.

Nice one on Barretts oneweb, I've been dissappointed in so many shops, that I usually don't bother looking beyond the usual suspects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Cheers guys you have been extremely helpful, i shall check out the aforementioned on wednesday.
    PS, I'm seriously thinkin of setting up a Big Feet club to make larger shoe sizes more easily available to us. Would there be any takers?
    You the man, count me in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Skatecity in Templebar if you like skater type shoes I've seen up to size 20 in there.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by logic1
    Skatecity in Templebar if you like skater type shoes I've seen up to size 20 in there.

.logic.

Don't suppose they do rollerblades in larger sizes too?

BTW, the POD shoe sizes aren't listed on the podgear page, sorry. Their size availability is at James & James Go to the brand section and select POD

;)

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by oneweb
    Don't suppose they do rollerblades in larger sizes too?

BTW, the POD shoe sizes aren't listed on the podgear page, sorry. Their size availability is at James & James Go to the brand section and select POD

;)

They certainly do! when I was getting my USD Julios they had plenty big size skates in there... cool shop all round.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This gang sell shoes up to size 14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

cripps are good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

at least your male caesar!! I'm a female with size 9/10 feet. Let's just say shoe manufacturers like to pretend I don't exist....

I can't go into a shop and look at nice womens' shoes because there isn't a hope in hell of them going above a size 7. For fupps sake. It's gotten a but better and somethimes places have an 8 but not in nice shoes, usually big ugly heifer boots. And in Barratts they have "size 9" occasionally. Size 9 me arse. Just cause they print it on the sole doesn't make it so.

Sigh. And then on the flipside, right now I'm wearing runners which I got in schuh and they're an 8 but somehow they fit me. Surely there is some kind of standard within the industry, whah? Ah, sure I'll live.

And I've done the Heather's job but they're kind of more shoes my mother would wear y'know? No offence, ma.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ddlow

You'd be better off getting some online, there are quite a few uk companies that post out. I've got size 14 feet - get yourself a pair of merrell shoes like the chameleon. They are seriously comfy!!! I've got a pair of the chameleons and no blisters etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Dipsy

Cinderella Shoes have a great site where you can search by size

www.cinderellashoes.ie

They also have a store upstairs in Stephens Green shopping centre...

Think they go from 8 to a 12!!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

There's a shop on quays near smithfield called heathers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement