Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaguar!!! Jaguar!!! Jaguar!!!

• 06-10-2002 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

http://pt.emuunlim.com

JAGUAR!!! gotta find my roms for it.

The masses get an atari jaguar emulator at last!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

nice 1 stu

can u recomend any games ?

never had a jag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

95% of the games on it were utter utter sh*te. the only good ones i know were alien vs predator and tempest 2000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

im in the process of gettin tempest now ill get sum more 2moro

cheers for all the help today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Road Rash was superb, a bit slower than the PS version but it was better.

AvP...mmm....Thankyou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

I think at the time some of the games were seen as pretty good as it was the first machine to move up from the snes etc. (even tho it maintained it was a 64 bit machine, they achieved this by adding the bit of the gfx card (32) and sound card (32) together, quite stupid but i'm sure at least a few morons thought it was true)

Wouldnt mind another go at AvP, played it ages ago, thought it was a bit pants, thought that game where you have this voice talking at you while you fly a ship about and kill things.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Christ now where did i put those roms??? Tempest2000 is by far the best game released on the jaguar and had an excellent soundtrack. I was wondering, the console has been put in the public domain but where does that leave the games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

How many games did they make for the console!

I rember it was only out a short while!

AIR CARS
    ALIEN VS. PREDATOR
    ATARI KARTS
    ATTACK OF THE MUTANT PENGUINS
    BALDIES
    BATTLEMORPH
    BATTLESPHERE
    BLUE LIGHTNING
    BRAINDEAD 13
    BREAKOUT 2000
    BRUTAL SPORTS FOOTBALL
    BUBSY
    CANNON FODDER
    CHECKERED FLAG
    CLUB DRIVE
    CRESCENT GALAXY
    CYBERMORPH
    DEFENDER 2000
    DOOM
    DOUBLE DRAGON V
    DRAGON
    DRAGON'S LAIR
    DINO DUDES
    FEVER PITCH SOCCER
    FIGHT FOR LIFE
    FLASHBACK
    FLIP OUT
    HIGHLANDER
    HOVER STRIKE
    HYPER FORCE
    I-WAR
    INTERNATIONAL SENSIBLE SOCCER
    IRON SOLDIER
    IRON SOLDIER 2
    KASUMI NINJA
    MISSILE COMMAND3D
    MYST
    NBA JAM: T.E.
    PINBALL FANTASIES
    PITFALL
    POWER DRIVE RALLY
    PRIMAL RAGE
    PROTECTOR
    RAIDEN
    RAYMAN
    RUINER
    SKYHAMMER
    SOCCER KID
    SPACE ACE
    SPACE WAR 2000
    SUPER BURNOUT
    SUPERCROS 3D
    SYNDICATE
    TEMPEST 2000
    THEME PARK
    TOWERS II
    TROY AIKMAN NFL
    ULTRA VORTEK
    VAL D'ISERE SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING
    VID GRID
    WHITE MEN CAN'T JUMP
    WOLFENSTEIN 3D
    WORLD TOUR RACING
    WORMS
    ZERO 5
    ZOOL 2
    ZOOP 1

Thats a pretty complete list as far as i know. Some of the above where released on CD but who cares cause they're probably pants anyway;) I've put a few games i think are worth playin in bold...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I played about with a few jaguar emulators before, most of them were a buggy afair to say the least. Most of them used to just completly crash win2000, that or the roms were refused to work with them etc etc.

Hopefully this new release should be better than what has gone before it. On another note Aliens Versus Predator was about one of the best games for it imho. The rest that i've played werent exactly up to much to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

The Jaguar Doom was pretty good :)

• Advertisement

The Jaguar Doom was pretty good :)

Well i can't *really*argue with that;) Doom was ported well across a number of systems, including the Snes and now the GBA(And it's an excellent handheld Fps).

The problem was that they didn't attempt to update it...It was just like the PC version. This happened with most of the jaguar games. They where ports of megadrive or Snes games and hadn't been improved upon (example:Primal Rage, Flashback)

The only time the jaguar excelled itself was in games like AvsP, Cybermorph , Tempest2000 which looked good and hadn't/couldn't be done on another console at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Thats a pretty good list!

Anyone know any good jaguar sites then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by LoGiE
    Well i can't *really*argue with that;) Doom was ported well across a number of systems, including the Snes and now the GBA(And it's an excellent handheld Fps).

The Jaguar version was superior to the Saturn version and at least as good as the PS one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i found me roms. flashback, cannon fodder and tempest2000 were the only ones that worked. performence wise not that hot 11-12 fps with dsp on and about 25-40 with it off(but im on only a 500mhz p3). i really want to play avp but that dosent work yet.

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    i found me roms. flashback, cannon fodder and tempest2000 were the only ones that worked. performence wise not that hot 11-12 fps with dsp on and about 25-40 with it off(but im on only a 500mhz p3). i really want to play avp but that dosent work yet.
    I'm getting about the same on my P3. Its not great but heh you can still play(But it does make tempest2000 easier;) )
    I'm sure the the emulator will be refined soon enough to take lower spec machines into account:)
    By the way if anyone is thinking of downloading Double Dragon V just cause it works on the emulator don't bother it absolute crap:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

anyone got any screenshots of (or links to) those games you mention which were particularly good? Never seen a jaguar in action or have any idea what it was like graphicswise. (and screenshots are a lot cheaper than emulator + roms...)

Release PTv0.15:) Adds controller support and sorts out problems with DX8.
    loBo you can view screenshots at the site mentioned above by DiscoStu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I have a Jaguar at home, got it second hand, must admit for an old console its pretty good, except the controller is bigger than the Xboxs! Its a real bad design, you can go to http://www.atariage.com/ for more atari info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

alien v pretador looks goods_AlienVsPredator_9.jpg

s_AlienVsPredator_5.jpg

It is..
    It's taught to be the best game ever made for the jaguar along side Tempest2000. The developers of AvP on the Jaguar (Rebellion) went on to develop the excellent AvP game for the PC.

Since I'm postin in the jag thread...PT0.20 can be downloadedhere
    and you can check out the shots l3rian posted and a few others at http://pt.emuunlim.com/ on the WIP page. I'm looking forward to this one:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

speaking of tempest, here it is:

I think your going to be receiving a wrist slapping from Kairo or Ronan|Raven. I'd suggest taking a look at the charter;) AFAIK Tempest2000 isn't abandonware or in the PD unlike the jaguar console itself.

I guess not then;)
    PT v0.30 is now available and adds support for AvsP and Sensible Soccer...go get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Thats not tempest2000..its the original.

oh right...No music which is a shame. Where did you find it l3rian? any others like defender?

Advertisement