Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best gig ever...

Options
  • 07-10-2002 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

sigur rós tonight were amazing

an incredible musical experience

really beautiful stuff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

ha! yeah i missed this post .. oopss.. anyway they deserve two threads all to themselves!
    hope its not too confusing to post a reply to your post in my thread on your thread..... hmm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

i saw the words "best gig ever" half way down the page
    and thought "this must be last saturday night".

whether it was sun or sat you were at, i have to agree.
    i've seen their previous visits but the venue, atmosphere
    from a hooked crowed and that incredible intense closing song, made this trip their best yet.

their not the best band ever but their music and
    particularly their shows are on a higher level to any other act
    i've seen.

fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Saturday night.

Been to alot of gigs over the years.

This was the greatest gig i have ever been to in my entire life by one of the greatest bands in the world.

Simple

66e have no face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Originally posted by the66electric
    66e have no face
    No ball sack either!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i was at the sunday night, and they played an encore which they never do so we were very priviliged... did anyone catch what the singer guy said before they played it???

i felt like such a goon but i got a setlist which now is hanging proudly on my wall. i'm really not one of those ppl usually but just felt compelled to do it.

i dont know if you're right bout them being the best band ever... in classic sense they're no beatles or rolling stones but they are defo doing something amazingly different and original so i think that has to count for something ya know???

i think last night was possibly the single best musical experience of my life (and no i wasnt on any drugs or anything), there was just this feeling of serenity or something, incredibly unique feeling, and on a personal level if a band can do what sigur ros did to me last night then in my book they're one of the best bands in the world... i guess it all depends on your criteria for the best band in the world

• Advertisement

......about the setlist - i read the new album has 8 tracks,
    all untitled, and a blank inlay card so you can write your own
    interpretation of the singers mumblings - can they get more
    unique?

ye, it definately was a classic case of being drugged on music.
    they're not song-writers but i guess if you were to break the "best band in the world" into
    a dozen categories, they'd be pickin up something

there was a fella who was really obviously doing e at the sunday gig...i felt really sorry for him... i doubt anyone could handle that amount of love

i heard that bout the new album too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

i was there on saturday night. smoked a few j's and chilled out... it was great. the singers voice is amazing. really amazing! it was great to see the crowd so receptive, too. i think they knew how appreciated they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

the encore on Sunday was the most magical experience ...

yeah it was shít hot big time... but my fave tune of the night was just before the encore... it just had this crazy ending pure magical noise...class

i presume its off the new album anyone confirm?

• Advertisement

....is that the song where the drums went hard, then all went
    calm, than it builded up to a beautiful madness again,
    and the singer seemed to be playing notes on his guitar in
    bass style? They closed with it on saturday and it was pure class

yep thats the one alright... brilliance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Bandit, i know this might sound strange, but i think i'm in love with you.

Before you say it, i know.

Yes, you are a man. Yes, you do have a strange affection towards blood red wigs, phallus' made out of wicker, and the brother-sister relationship in The Royal Tenenbaums. Yes, i am not a person but collective know as 66e.

Its seems so wrong but it feels so right.

I can't feel my legs. Will you feel them for me? You will when you feel them...

was on www.sigur-ros.co.uk and i didnt realise how big the band actually were

i suppose the vanilla sky soundtrack helped that one along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

yo...

the song before the final final encore was popplagið (pop song) a flucking amazing song... its the final song on the soon to be released album...

one of my mates got the quotes by jónsi:

"err.. play one more song for you... this here song.. amazing.. audience.. ever" (speaking about olsen olsen)

"...a little bit kinda similar to icelandic people -- you're a little bit crazy in your head -- and thats nice!"

in the SR gigs ive seen he NEVER EVER speaks.. so for him to speak entire sentance was a good sign...

dw

gotta feel priviliged!

hope that doesnt sound sarcastic, cos its meant true as stuff thats really true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

hehe.. feel privliged! ive seen them seven times and he has never spoken more than 3 words in an entire gig...

dw

Advertisement