Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV5 on 825

• 07-10-2002 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

After all the talk just noticed TV 5 on channel 825.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Great, but will anybody watch it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by carrolls

Plenty of students will watch it to help with their French.

There is a number of french people living here (and in the UK) who would like to watch programming in their own language.

People like me, who speak a bit of french, may watch it from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i will take a look every now and again. they do sport so i'll be checking that out and also to improve my French

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by carrolls

Probably more than Abu Dhabi TV

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Indeed the ICDG website has gotten more emails about NTL's dropping of TV5 than any other subject, even about terrestrial channels on Sky!

There is a market for it, and quite a lot of vocal fans of the channel in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭a bientot

A statement will issue on Wednesday afternoon 9 Oct 2002 re TV5 and BskyB so please watch this space......

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The more channels the merrrier, methinks! :)

Would like to see TechTV at some stage... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

At long last! I wish they would bring more European broadcasting to Sky. Would love to see a Spanish or Italian station. Great chance of it indeed though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by a bientot
    A statement will issue on Wednesday afternoon 9 Oct 2002 re TV5 and BskyB so please watch this space......

I'm glad for you that you have TV5 back on TV again, you and lots of others have campaigned strongly for TV5 to come back or appear on another platform in Ireland and you have been rewarded.

Let's hope, as a result of this, some more European channels like TVE or RAI now appear on Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 barnes2k

TV5???? great...whens the celebration!!if you wanted the channel so bad go to france and watch it because theres more important channels people are craving like itv and channel 4!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

And we'll have less of that crap please, barnes2k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Originally posted by barnes2k
    TV5???? great...whens the celebration!!if you wanted the channel so bad go to france and watch it because theres more important channels people are craving like itv and channel 4!!!!!!!!

And by that kind of logic, if you want to watch "itv and channel 4", you could always go to the UK to watch them.

I can never understand why some people take such offence at others being happy about a new channel launching. The attitude seems to be "If I don't want it, no one else should get it".

Live and let live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭thrillseeker

Originally posted by DMC
    And we'll have less of that crap please, barnes2k.
    Barnes2K is entitled to his opinion.
    No need to be so rude!!!
    I might need to report this to a moderator
    ooops you are one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Good movie on TV5 last night. Plenty of T and A in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Pity its part of the package. not free, then again its all over astra/hotbird anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 barnes2k

thanx thrillseeker...i think this forum is for opinions good or bad!if i did go 2 far and offend i apolisgise but thats my opinion and im sticking with it!

If you do hold that bigoted opinion, fine. But don't repeat it here. Its not welcome here on ICDG or on boards.ie as a whole.

As DeVore said on this post it sums up the boards.ie position nicely....
    If Bigotted comments are overlooked its because Boards is now pushing 80K impressions a DAY. Theres a link on every post to report it to the Mod (and it copies me in on it) so if you see ANYONE being rascist or bigotted, then report it and it will get dealt with..... There are only one set of rules, and Civility is at the top of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Right on Damo,
    Just to add to the fire, we should petition for ARTE to come onto the platform too.. Dont know but its even better than TV5.

Advertisement