Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D. 15 wireless meeting

Options
  • 07-10-2002 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

There were 2 meetings in Myos tonight!

Niallb was over at another table with the fish.

I can't believe we missed them. Oh well.

As we agreed at out table at least, can everyone pm me with their full name, e-mail address, postal address and number.

I'll put a secure log on, onto another site so we can all login and see where we all live exactly. (I can put the dots on a map, and put it on-line as well)

The first thing we want to do, is test how far the 2 9 dBi antennaes can go with perfect line of site, at what speed. So we'll test that in the phoenix park as soon as someone else is available (with a car), maybe this weekend. I have all the equipment we need for that.

Then next we'll test los between each of our houses. We'll need 2 big poles, and 2 coaxial cables from somebody for that though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Here's the link to the company in Waterford that Jeremy was talking about who make the antennas.

http://www.stelladoradus.com/

They do look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Yea the lads came over to us after you left. Was very good. One of the lads has two active nodes set up already which looks promising.
    Check yer pm.

Advertisement