Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album Archive 10/10/02

Options
  • 07-10-2002 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

I've put off featuring this record on the show for a number of weeks, for one simple reason. The Beach Boys 1966 Pet Sounds is such a milestone of an album and such a part of Western pop culture that I didn't know if I could do it justice. Then I thought "Sod It". I know you're probably all sick of seeing it winking at you from the higher reaches of every single "Best Rock Album Of All time" poll, so for those of you who wonder why it's so highly regarded, I thought I'd give it a shot. You can expect to hear demos, works-in-progress, alternative versions, live versions and album versions of the songs that make up this album. A bona fide classic. Tune in this Thursday at 8pm for Pet Sounds on The Album Archive.

Regards

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

worst thing about not living in dublin is that i dont get to hear great shows like this!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

can i make an album archive suggestion? here? cos im too lazy to email u? id like to hear something by faith no more thats so good that it gives me the push to by an album by them. their one of those bands whose album i always wanted to buy, yet when i went to the music shop id find something id want to buy more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rob Taylor

Good Call, drowner.. I promise you I'll focus on Faith No More's "Angel Dust" in the next few weeks.

Rob

ooooh this just gets worse (coz i'll miss that too)...although i do think king for a day is a better album...

thank you!
    let us know, coz i'll deifnately tune in/record it.

• Advertisement

record it for me drowny!!!!

never thought of you as a faith no more fan...or even an interested party...

yeah well
    im not just a pretty face then
    i have many albums in my musical selections u would be and have been surprised at
    for example....my STEPS cd.....
    my NIN cd
    and all that in between

not surprised about steps...as for nin...we'll not get into that...

anyhoo...record faith no more if its on!!!

Advertisement