Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MTV vs EMAP battle

• 07-10-2002 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

This battle for ratings has being on since EMAP introduced its music stations to sky digital and the EMAP music stations have matched MTVs channels with ratings at a lower cost so this the biggest battle MTV has had to battle with in years and Murdoch is planning on halfing the price he pays for MTV when the contract comes round but which is better

MTV or EMAP???

ps for all you people out there who dont know what the EMAP stations are they are stations like THE BOX & Smash Hits!Stations 448-454:) :)

MTV OR EMAP...u vote 15 votes

MTV
    0% 0 votes
    EMAP
    100% 15 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Definately MTV.....much more varied music. A greater range of channels to suit everyone (ish). MTV, MTV2, Base, Dance, Hits.
    Where as all the other channels seem to repeat them selves every 30 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Voted MTV

Mostly watch MTVhits (Holly Valance is on now:D), MTV1&2, & the VH1 channels.

Kerrang etc repeat far too often, the non-EMAP/MTV channels(Smash Hits etc) cut off the end of the videos when it suits them. Chartshow don't seem to understand the concept of showing an entire video at all.

Adverts on music channels usualy result in an automatic channel flick from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Chartshow don't seem to understand the concept of showing an entire video at all.
    Especially when its Holly Valance:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

voted EMAP. MTV is rubbish. all they have now that interests me is VH1 Classic Rock (on too late), Gonzo (on too early) and Moby tonight (right time). EMAP i could turn on at any part of the day and i will watch for an hour or so but for long term listening i will usually put on a cd or the radio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Has to be MTV Network. With The Osbournes etc and tonight Moby Live was very good (which was also FTA on Astra 1 on MTV Polska! ;) ). Plus there's MTV2 and Dance which I also like. The only Emap channel worth a mention is Kerrang! as Q lost its way some time ago. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by irishbyte
    FTA on Astra 1 on MTV Polska

a quick question about this. is this a permanent thing or only a temporary glitch because from what i've seen of it it's much better than the drivel MTV UK + IRL churn out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

MTV UK is the biggest load of sh1te on digital,rivalled only by the shopping channels.EMAP is great-Kiss is a deadly channel and Im partial to a bit of Q and Kerrang.MTV Base isnt bad but most of the rest is rubbish.VH1 is slowly turning into a pop channel.I saw,on VH1 classic the ther day,Jennifer Lopez!How the feck does a channel dedicated to playing the music of yesteryear get away with playing a very recent video that was probably running on one of the pop channels at the same time?:confused::confused:

byte

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    a quick question about this. is this a permanent thing or only a temporary glitch because from what i've seen of it it's much better than the drivel MTV UK + IRL churn out

Not sure Mossy but I hope it stays FTA! Find the language hard to follow though! Much worse than German! Only just sussed that Werbung means Advertising!! :D;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Only just sussed that Werbung means Advertising!! :D;)

not to worry about that. people are bomarded with naked ladies seconds after "Werbung" is displayed so they* don't really think about it :D

i noticed MTV Polska still show Superrock (sp?). i remember it was shown on our MTV a few years back and then they dropped it. the language doesn't bother me at all. it's all about the music

* i of course watch for the factual German programming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

I never could figure out how those EMAP channels make money apart from advertising.
    I rang once for a video and I had to set my video to long play and record it overnight to see the thing!! It cost about 2.50 AFAIR
    So I can't see how people would keep using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bazza

Voted MTV myself - but only just.

Kerrang is great, as is MTV2 - but both repeat over and over and over ....

byte

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i noticed MTV Polska still show Superrock (sp?).

Do you know what time this progranmme airs at? Is it anything like the excellent Headbangers Ball (RIP)??

i can't remember the day or time because i was very drunk when i saw it and i would compare it very favourably to the Headbangers Ball

Advertisement