Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Granting excess permissions to chat applet.

• 07-10-2002 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭

What's the dealy with that? Using Netscape, I get a security warning - asks for permission to acces local files, registry. Um, hello? Is that necessary just for chat :mad:

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Hiya oneweb,

No idea - we just bought the thing. I'll have a look tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Is it necessary to use netscape ;)

(Applets by design always have limited access to local resources. To grand extra access a lot of the normal in-built security mechanisms would needlessly have to be over-ridden)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

any chance of a cgi:irc variant? It might not be as c00l but its more functional and more like mirc.

The only thing is you may wanna work out a system to void getting k-lined because of the trust issue & a maximum of 5 clones of a hostmask on the network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Sorry, I'm not a fan of cgi:irc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

But The Java VM isn't set up correctly for it. As for IE, I use it pretty much never. (yuk)

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Sorry, I'm not a fan of cgi:irc
    Indeed, Regi caught me using it one night. Mostly because I kept getting g-lined :). This is probably the reason why he doesn't like cgi:irc btw. Other than these annoying disconnections, I really like it, because it's like mirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yea, thats right,

Quakenet doesn't allow cgi:irc , I tried it before but they said they had bad experience with it in the past and so they wouldn't be able to allow it as it doesn't give information on the users that are using it (or abusing it)

even if you guarantee it would be on an internal network only, it's still too risky, which boards.ie wouldn't be doing

so realistically if boards.ie set-up cgi:irc they could only give a max of 5 connections through it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

im sure you could put a limit to 5 users? so after 5, no more can connect to quakenet.

Or maybe you could get a trust for it by passwording it and only supply it to those who request by email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by Slydice
    Yea, thats right,

Quakenet doesn't allow cgi:irc

:rolleyes:

i connect every day from work through cgi irc 0.5
    its the best web based irc client IMO

Advertisement