Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions please

• 07-10-2002 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

this is just a question for all ye lads out there,

do lads perfered to be chased or do ye's perfer to be doing the chasing?

Missus*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Don't mind either way. Mind you, depends on who's chasing ya really.. But I'm sure you girls already know that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Agreed... though Women should do some chasing of their own.. some guys are a little shy at first so dont always make the first move.

Also it might be fun having a woman do the chasing, i know in the past i preffered that to me doing it. They are so much better at t than i am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Personally, chased enough to confirm interest without a shadow of a doubt, and then left to counter-chase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

If the person likes you it is nice to be chased sure - fun and all that it is. But it will give your partner something of an upperhand in the relationship in my view.

If the person really does not like you however you become a stalker.

Thin line ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Saruman
    They are so much better at t than i am :)
    No, not really. At least not in the UK and Ireland. While a woman may approach a man first in such a seduction scenario, she’s unlikely to chase beyond that. She may make the first move, but after that it’s up to him to do the rest of the legwork, and that’s hardly a woman doing the chasing, is it?

To use an analogy, your average woman’s idea of chasing a man is akin to standing in front of an oncoming train. Never being the train.

In fairness, most guys (in the UK and Ireland) view seduction a little more than that prolonged conversation that masks the acquisition of enough Dutch courage to lunge on one’s hapless victim. No imagination.

Oh... I prefer chasing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i prefer being the hunted. so much easier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Can't really say that I've had much luck with the chasing,
    so yes it would be nice having the girl do the chase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

if she shows interest im happy to go from there

but i wouldnt turn her down if she handed herself on a silver platter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by hedgetrimmer
    Personally, chased enough to confirm interest without a shadow of a doubt, and then left to counter-chase.

Precisely! I was going to think of some long & winding reply but hedgetrimmer has said it all in one sentance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

^ what hedgetrimmer said (nice and succinct)

/me obviously has fears of embarrassing rejection.

It's nice to be chased sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'd say everyone likes to be chased (by the right person...)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Its very rarely that a woman doing the chasing will be refused....

so girlies ehh get chasing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Chief---
    Its very rarely that a woman doing the chasing will be refused....

so girlies ehh get chasing :)

not true,
    ive turned down hundreds, nah, thousands of chasing women in my time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    not true,
    ive turned down hundreds, nah, thousands of chasing women in my time....
    Ban Gardas don't count :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭RampagingBadger

Personally I prefer to be chased. But then I'm **** at chasing. If you like a guy let him know at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

RampagingBadger and the other females on this thread, It would be a good idea if you let us males know what you actually do when you chase men. Sometimes a guy won't have a clue if he is being chased.
    I once asked this question of a girl from work and she told me that her ploy along with her friends was for her group of girlies to stand close to the said males and then give it about 10/15 mins to wait for any of the males to make contact, be it a bump or something. Failing that they would move of to another group of males.
    The next few times I was out I actually saw this ploy being used by lots of girls and it made me wonder how many times my friends and I were actually 'chased' but were to ill-informed or blind to notice it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Yes, what exactly do you mean by chasing?

If there is one thing i hate, its being expected to read someones mind or 'divine' their intentions. I have my talents, :) bu thats not on of them.

Chasing to my mind should be overt enough to leave NO doubt in the mind of the quarry, that they are being chased.
    It means leaving yourself open to rejection, if that s what happens. Nothing ventured nothin gained and all that!

Oblique, circumspect approaches do not cut it!

X

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

I was chased,got caught because I didn't run fast enough...

As for chasing....the above explains it all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

if its a girl i like then i prefer them to do the chasing.

if is someone i dont like and they keep chasing me, thats a different story...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

chasing? an odd term, chasing implies actually stalking type behaviour.... as for those girls who wait for guys to bump into them? thats not exactly chasing, or even expressing an interest in my books.

For me "chasing" breaks down into a general flirting, to see what the response is, and then if it's favourable a few hints, jokes and gentle bodily contact tends to work.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

In my own expeirences i "chased" a load of women, no result. But the secondi give up they start chasing me.

Conclusion:- doing nothing pays off:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

a simple rule of tubm if you like the guy chase him if not dont chase him.Dont always wait for the guy to make the first move,he could be shy,affraid of rejection or too sober :D .You wouldnt belive how many times i have overlooked girls attempts to pick me up i only relise later on when it too late, dam i need to pay more attention.Girls have it ez its easy to tell when guy likes a girl [most of the time] we act so stupid or is that just me?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I havent the capacity for mind games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Excuse me.. reality check.
    Umm chicks do not, ever chase men, end of story. For a chick chasing a man entails nodding, smiling in the direction of or asking for a cigarette from a man in a club. In the reality of all things that are (where I still hold doors open for women, because I am a man and that is life (tm)), men who wait for women to chase them don't score, ever, at least not with women they fancy. Not once has a woman chased me that I have fancied, because women I fancy I chase.... I find there is a certain logic to that, ie persuing what I want in life hmm.
    Ok so quantum mechanics means that these men very occasionally score, but only by way of the uncertainty principal.

A chick for example only has to go out to ye olde rave clube with tight fitting clothes to score if and when she wants, because said chick will most certainly be accosted by assorted drunken males, this is a pretext to courtship in Irish and Western society.

Again for a woman (chasing) entails having one of her friends scrutanise then perhaps accost a male/disinterested male into amourous relations of some form, chasing for a man means breaking the ice and talking to the woman first, asking her name, offering to buy drinks, complementing her on (n) random things with varyig levels of sincerity then later in the relationship bending to every single unreasonable demand of the woman in order to protect his investment. I'm not being cynical, just truthful. Again at the end of the day, even though the thrust of courtship is beholdant on the man, it is the woman who ends up lumped with insecurity and/or divorce and children later in life to the advantage of man.
    The saying goes sex is the price women pay for marriage.... marriage is the price men pay for sex, not me though fortuately, I have no intention of ever getting married, unless shes rich of course (tm).

Typedef.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

Umm chicks do not, ever chase men, end of story
    Typedef, either you are really blind,dont have any female friends or you are going to the wrong places wit the wrong girls.Of course girls chase guys its just they arent as ovious,i worked in a bar for a while and let me tell you by the end of the night you can see which birds fancy you/other ppl [and i dont just mean the drunk ones] and a club isnt the best place to meet birds esp good looking ones the best job is ppl you work\go to collage with or friends of friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tis the whole Cinderella story :)

Cinders puts her eye on the guy she wants, gets dressed to kill, gets to a place she know he will be , gives all the right signals
    ( most likely several times over, in some stories she has to go to the Ball no less then 3 times.)

Then once Princey finally gets the Picture that she is intrested and
    advailible she lets him chase her. Well he was to show that is willing to put some of the effort in and anyway he would not appericate her if she was that easy.

it inst always that complicated you'd be surprized the ammount of chasing that can be done with just eye contact .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Abstaining due to lack of Atari Jaguar option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Typedef
    Excuse me.. reality check.
    Umm chicks do not, ever chase men, end of story. For a chick chasing a man entails nodding, smiling in the direction of or asking for a cigarette from a man in a club. In the reality of all things that are (where I still hold doors open for women, because I am a man and that is life (tm)), men who wait for women to chase them don't score, ever, at least not with women they fancy. Not once has a woman chased me that I have fancied, because women I fancy I chase.... I find there is a certain logic to that, ie persuing what I want in life hmm.
    Ok so quantum mechanics means that these men very occasionally score, but only by way of the uncertainty principal.

A chick for example only has to go out to ye olde rave clube with tight fitting clothes to score if and when she wants, because said chick will most certainly be accosted by assorted drunken males, this is a pretext to courtship in Irish and Western society.

Again for a woman (chasing) entails having one of her friends scrutanise then perhaps accost a male/disinterested male into amourous relations of some form, chasing for a man means breaking the ice and talking to the woman first, asking her name, offering to buy drinks, complementing her on (n) random things with varyig levels of sincerity then later in the relationship bending to every single unreasonable demand of the woman in order to protect his investment. I'm not being cynical, just truthful. Again at the end of the day, even though the thrust of courtship is beholdant on the man, it is the woman who ends up lumped with insecurity and/or divorce and children later in life to the advantage of man.
    The saying goes sex is the price women pay for marriage.... marriage is the price men pay for sex, not me though fortuately, I have no intention of ever getting married, unless shes rich of course (tm).

Typedef.

ah so you chased my mate debs inthe gingerman that time?

you really think she didnt completely throw herself at you?

mind you, you looked like a rabbit stuck in headlights, im surprised you were able to do anything at all.

so i think everything you have written above is totally at odds with what ive seen involving you.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I normally do the chasing because they're normally running away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

"Umm chicks do not, ever chase men, end of story"

Oh dear- beat being told that if you werent in a nightclub she'd have your pants off in a flash (and she did) or being told by two birds at the same time that you're hitched, and then being asked by another two birds how quickly you can repeat the business once you've chucked the custard.

I tell you, women do chase and it is so much more fun than chasing. Especially when you play hard to get. I spent years chasing, and then thought "F*** it, I'm bored" and since then they have been chasing me. Honest. My fiancé chased me as did all the dates previous to that as well. In fact, and girls this is pure getting even, it's even better (being engaged) to have a chick chat you up, politely go along with it until it gets to crunch point and then politely turn them down. Lads, you've never seen a facial expression like it. I just hope I havent led anyone here down the garden path in the past.

Hint for every Irish bloke- go to Edinburgh and talk to females. They throw themselves at you shamelessly for just talking to them. In fact, I have always found that the accent works anywhere in Britain.

PS: Will someone tell me how you quote other peoples comments please?

Advertisement