Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Complaint - Re: Post on CS Forum

• 07-10-2002 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to complain about whomever it was that edited the Poll I created on the Counter-Strike Forum,

Title: Time for the CS board to be unlocked?

URL: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66150

When I created the Thread and Poll, I was actually serious about seeing what other peoples opinions were on the matter!

Now, less than 12 hours after it was created, a Moderator or Admin has edited it, Meglome was the only Moderator to Post on the Thread .....

Now that I've raised the point I'd like to hear the admins opinions on the Issue of UnLocking the Counter-Strike Forum?

Slydice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Yeah Dev unlock the CS board.....maybe it'll let some of them out again. Heaven knows by now most of them have started to decompose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Yup that was me, it did for this thing I call... a laugh. Slydice boards.ie (as far as I know) isn't a democracy so your poll really has no bearing on whether the CS board gets unlocked or not.

My feeling would be that Devore will decide to do it or not as the mood takes him. But after all the crap that he's got from that direction I can't see it happening. You only have to look at the current crop of posts to see why it wont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

The outcome of a poll does not dictate what the Boards.ie admins do Meglome, as Slydice has stated he just wanted to see what other people thought about the matter ...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

While Meglome is right that this is not a democracy I also have no particularly strong feelings about the topic as it doesnt really stop muppets being on the rest of the boards (they will anyway) it just stops them forming critical mass on THAT board.

In the end of the day I'd be curious about a vote but it would want to be reasonably emphatic for me to go back to the bad old days. I havent been called from a pub for a long time now to fix up some crap...

Let people have their say on the thread, create a poll if you want. I'll keep my own counsel for the moment...

DeV.

The poll is still there but the "No" option has 50001 votes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Opinion in brief... I think I would be in favour of opening the CS forum again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I too would like to see it unlocked - as I requested access on the 5th of september, and am still waiting:confused:
    Obviously the current situation is not working too well

Bio

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I think it should be re-opened for a while at least, say on a test-run basis with a couple of strong-arm mods to clear up muppetry quickly (Shinji, Meglome?, Mills is away in college). Personally I don't think it will return to the way it was before, there will be some muppetry but it won't be particularily severe - CS isn't nearly as popular as it was when the board was locked, its in a pretty steep decline.

And with CS Condition Zero being released soon it might spark of a new interest in CS.

Open her up! :)

tbh I voted I don't care to the poll. But when you look through the current crop of posts, it really doesn't bode well. I'm happy for it to be unlocked but i have a feeling we'll end up reversing that decision. Sometimes you have to live a little :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I am, strangely enough, in favour of unlocking the board at least on a trial basis. However it needs new moderators - Mills doesn't have access to the net regularly at the moment, and I don't know what the story is with Gary but he doesn't seem to be about much - correct me if I'm wrong here fella, no slander intended :)

Unfortunately Dev didn't seem all that taken with the suggestions I made today for new moderators, namely Kaids and LTM, despite the fact that I honestly believe that they'd be the best people for the job... I can understand why, of course, but their track record in terms of organising stuff like CS leagues etc outside of boards.ie is superb and I'm a big believer in giving people responsibility as a method of making them responsible, personally.

Actually Rob contrary to popular belief I do look at the CS board nearly every day. I just don't like CS :D

To be honest it wouldn't be a bad idea to try out unlocking the board for a while. I would even agree with your suggestion for new moderators.

Although I think it may all go south very quickly but it's worth a try at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

After sitting on the fence for a long time ive come to the conclusion that the CS board needs to be unlocked for the good of the irish CS community.

The game itself in Ireland is not dead yet, its still the most played game in Ireland. New players still appear and new clans are still formed. Like it or not, the CS board is the central forum for CS in ireland.

As it stands now, the locking has two effects. One is to curtail traffic which in turns depresses interest in the board itself. The second is that it helps engender a safe old guard mentality. Theres a post over there from someone involved in the top cs clan in ireland who thinks that the only thing left to discuss is Updates. Please, theres something wrong when you have a game that is played by a large number of people yet its main outlet is nothing but a news file of patches and leagues.

Iron Fisted Moderation and an unlocked board. PI has shown that it can be done (altho im not suggesting unreg accounts, thats just asking for trouble:) )

Advertisement