Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reply Feature

Options
  • 08-10-2002 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

How about adding a quick reply feature at the bottom of every message? For a quick look at how this works visit --

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/%7Ehostileintent/ikonboard/cgi/ikonboard.cgi

Would be handy not having to click reply and waiting for pages to load all the time :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

It could work but it tends to encourage short one line answers in my experience on other boards,

its almost too handy and quick, and threads might collapse into 'chats'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Motion seconded (again)

Good for boards.ie bandwidth...

(and you could knock in that minimum character reply hack if it's out there to stop any really short replies)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

(and you could knock in that minimum character reply hack if it's out there to stop any really short replies)

Yeah that would be a great feature to add on. And as Sceptre pointed out it would help bandwidth but it would be also really handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i like the idea only if the min characters thingy was introduced on it. would stop this handy feature being used for blatant one word spam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

I think we need more support before the admins even look at this thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I like the idea of a quick reply feature but don't think the minimum amount of characters should be *too* low. Sometimes it's better to be brief.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

<support>

I think its a brilliant idea !

</support>

- Dave. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Weh?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Relax man, wait til VB3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Been waiting 6 months(?).