Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Keypad!

• 08-10-2002 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

Unexpectantly, I received my Free Keypad today!
    It's Sky branded (even though they said it would be an old Open one) and there were four batteries and an instruction manual in the box..
    All I did was send an email to Sky from my talk21 account last month.. Something for nothing! (well 10cent)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I thought the offer was only available to the UK only.

Not that i want a free keypad anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

who did you send the email to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MonsterMunch

I think the offer was only valid up until the 24th Sep.......I sent an email also so fingers crossed that a free keypad is on the way to me. Not that I'll use it much but it's something for nothing.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah NO! ANd I had full intentions of sending the email but kept forgetting! Hope it's not too late! Damn and double damn! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭dosfromclare

I also took a chance an lo and behold the keypad arrived today...now what use it will get is anyone's guess !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Anything on Sky that needs the keyboard is much more expensive than using PC.

The interactive and Email is only really relevent to people with no PC and also who don't mind doubling $ky$ profit.

byte

Originally posted by watty
    Anything on Sky that needs the keyboard is much more expensive than using PC.

The interactive and Email is only really relevent to people with no PC and also who don't mind doubling $ky$ profit.

Well, I wouldn't mind the keypad if it were free! ;)

Besides, you could use it to flick channels when you bugger your ordinary remote after flicking through all those quality channels!:D

byte

Originally posted by dosfromclare
    I also took a chance an lo and behold the keypad arrived today...now what use it will get is anyone's guess !

When did you ask for it? Was it after the promo was over? I chanced my arm after my post above when the promo was finished... Don't hold much hope though.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭dosfromclare

I asked during the promo..but it did say UK only but I took a chance anyway. Forgot all about it as the promo was so long ago. Tried it out last night...but got "There is a problem with the Yahoo email service please try later" ! Active or what ! The keyboard itself is fairly well laid out and will work as a spare remote if nothing else.

Advertisement