Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork 802.11 Wireless node

Options
  • 08-10-2002 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I am setting up a Access Point within a month or two at the most.I've enclosed a url of a photo with the line of sight from the antennas location.Have a look and if you can see your building , drop me a line....this is a just for fun project...

The photos is here ...
    http://www.dinneen.com/photos/panoramas/los.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

You might want to tell us where in the country your located. I like the idea of the LOS photo though. Anyone else got some of these? Especially if your dublin based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Yip correct Daveirl :)

I'm involved in the CorkWan a little bit but what I want is to setup a Access Point for fun, for gaming and for file swaping.... CorkWan is basically going to be a non-profit making ISP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by DannyD
    Yip correct Daveirl :)

I'm involved in the CorkWan a little bit but what I want is to setup a Access Point for fun, for gaming and for file swaping.... CorkWan is basically going to be a non-profit making ISP.

To quote from our site:

"CorkWAN is a not-for-profit organisation developing and building a community-based wireless network around Cork City and County, using unlicenced spectrum. "

An ISP needs a Telco Licence.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement