Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nirvana - 'Best Of' CD

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

December 1985 Seattle WA, Kurt's Aunt Mari's House, Fecal Matter

Kurt - guitars, vocals and percussion; Dale Crover - bass, percussion.

Bambi Slaughter
    Buffy's Pregnant
    Downer {ver - instrumental}
    Laminated Effect
    Spank Thru
    Sound of Dentage
    Suicide Samurai

That is the songlist for the fecal matter demo.The versions of laminated effect and bambi slaughter in circulation are not taken from this demo.Maybe this isnt really nirvana,but its songs by Kurt and it is one of the most covetted pieces of material on the Nirvana communities wishlist.
    Also rumour has it that the song called bambi slaughter on the fecal matter demo is actually a completely different song to the one in circulation at the moment.

dregin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Got the album as a pressie, which was quite nice :) Made sure I didn't tell the giver that I already have all the songs :rolleyes:

Anyway, I noticed a couple of things in the inlay card. I can't remember the name of the fella that wrote it, but he said that at the start of the Unplugged session, Kurt says about "About A Girl" "This is from our first album, most people don't know it". I thought he said "own it".

In You Know You're Right, does Kurt sing "Pain" all the time, or is it sometimes "Hey". I can't distinguish between the two. There are a couple of times it definitely sounds like hey, but I can't pick out if it's definitely pain anytime. Since they flash up the word "Pain" in the video, I'm guessing the word is definitely in there. Secondly, in the inlay card the writer says "Things have never been so swell, I have never been so well". I have heard people also say "I have never felt so well", which sounds closer, but myself I always heard "I have never failed to fail". Anyone know for sure which is correct?

Anyway, the album - I must say I love the remastered versions of a few of the tracks, a few more I still have to listen to more closely, but the ones that stand out to me are Pennyroyal Tea and Been A Son. I didn't think Pennyroyal Tea could've been improved, but I was proved wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

to clear a few things up :
    kurt does say "most people dont own it" at the start of unplugged 'about a girl' - jokingly playing down the bands success

as far as i can tell its 'pain' over and over....but thats just what i hear, there's no offical lyrics, but its generally agreed that it's 'pain'

also, the other lyric is 'things have never been so swell, i have never failed to feel', or possibly 'failed to fail'...not to sure there

sliver and been a son remasters rule, sliver especially...much much better

ive had the scott litt re-mix of pennyroyal tea for about 6 yrs now, so no bonus for me there, and rest of the tracks dont sound that much better so i was a little disappointed....but its no. 3 in the uk top 40 albums atm, behind David Gray (1) and *shudder* Gareth Gates (2) so it must be selling pretty well

oh and nme are doing a big nirvana edition this month, so go pick it up....looks like its pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by pyure
    oh and nme are doing a big nirvana edition this month, so go pick it up....looks like its pretty good

Dying to see that - is it out now?

It'll mean a trip for me into Derry though - Euro rip off heaven :(

Advertisement