Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: XP & Open GL ???

• 08-10-2002 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Guys & Girls,

I have a Creative Labs Geforce 440 MX 64MB video card which I'm running under XP Pro, which is all fine & Dandy except I can't seem to find/install any open GL drivers for it. I've tried the latest drivers from creative & they don't do the trick, is there anything I'm overlooking (I'm pretty sure it's something simple as I've spent the last three days trying to do it & I'm starting to go driver-blind)

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

You should possibly consider posting to the technology board, as you are hardly "tweaking" the card.

Try getting the latest detonator drivers from nvidia.com, though the creative drivers should also have full opengl support. What game is failing to work? Be sure to uninstall any old drivers before putting on new ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Ah, my bad on the wrong forum - maybe a mod can move it ?

It's only JKII at the moment, gonna try mafia tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Install Win2k.

Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Get the latest detonators from nvidia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

try give this a shot.

Why's that syx, surely xp can handle opengl? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Tbh, I wouldn't rely on it.

Advertisement