Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robert Fisk in UCC for "War & Peace" Lecture - 8 October 2002

Options
  • 08-10-2002 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hmmm, tempted to travel down for this (I quite like Fisk's writing)

I suppose it's not a ticketed affair?

I suppose the hardline Israeli lobby (if there is one in Ireland) will be protesting outside[1]

[1] this is meant as a slightly anti-hardline Israeli comment. It's not anti-semitic, it's not anti-Jewish. Pooh with knobs on to anyone who says it's the same thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's a pity I didn't hear about this earlier, I'd loved to have gone, out of curiousity more than anything else. For future reference though, is this type of lecture open to all?

[ Oops, I just noticed it's on Friday. Not to worry, the question still needs to be answered. ]

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fluffie

i was working so i couldnt go, but i trust you (daveo) will let me know how it went and how many times you and polly fought afterwards! :) my dad went too btw, anywho thought i'd just let you know i am officially following you around the net now that i've joined boards.ie...not! i'm not a regional moderator yet...wait till i become addicted..!

cu tomoro!
    a*

Heh, Dave's got a stalker.

I wasn't able to go, so was he any good?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Generally its open to all, but if not Adam it can be arranged that you'll be able to get in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

Gah, wish I'd gone. Anyway...

The main point of the lecture was how the media are increasingly becoming servants of governments in so much as they ask Who and What but not Why?

There's a bit about this in an article I posted in Politics...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=607764

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement