Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Optical Mice...

• 08-10-2002 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Trying to decide on one of these guys at the mo - Got 3 models in mind:

Logitech MX 700
    Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer
    Microsoft Blue Wireless Optical Mouse

While I'm sure they all will perform admirably on the desktop - how will they perform on games? Any of them known for lag? Anyone have any pointer/reviews/experiences with the above?

Dizz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

For Gaming:

Optical Good (no fluffy balls).

Wireless Bad (laggy and not as accurate).

My 0.02 Eurons worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I started this thread a while back and got the general impression that wireless bad, optical good!

There is suposed to be some lag, though i baught an optical wired M$ mouse in the end so i have no personal expierence of wirless mice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Thx for the ptr on the wireless thread spooky :)

Dizz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,802 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

the mx 700 is meant to be the far best gaming wireless mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Yep just found a review on it - it supposedly can match the "speed" (bandwidth for a better word?) of a USB port (~125Hz), whereas previous wireless' could only do 40Hz. Sounds like a runner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

but think of the weight but probally is the best one if your going for a wireless optical mouse. but i just think it be too heavy, esp for gamin. maybe you have MIGHTY wrist :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

well, i have a wireless mouse, actually pilfered it on my auld lad

Well, it aint great, i'll be nickin an optical mouse as soon as he brings one home. The lag can be a bitch. Playing, say Op Flashpoint, load of enemy, you go running up over a hill, M16 ready, then you cant move for a second or two, and they make mince meat of you!!

If keep the scroll wheel moving then the connection with the receiver doesnt get dropped

Advertisement