Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman 2

Options
  • 08-10-2002 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got this yet ? Is it as ba$stard hard as the first one ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Ah i bought this game in thailand a month back , from my point of view : it sucks , i hate it .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I should be getting a copy from Eidos tomorrow - will post my findings in a day or so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

the first game was a bit too easy and now that u can use saves i dont see it being much of a challenge :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

No it's not that hard at all, definitely not as hard as the first one because of the saves. I like it, it's fun killing people when they dont see it coming, especially from behind with a wire. It feels polished, loads quickly and looks nice. The character animation is also, for the most part, very well done.

The controls are a quite fiddly though, especially that damn sniper rifle. They don't lower the mouse sensitivity when you're zoomed in, so move the mouse even a tiny bit and the crosshair jumps way over. It makes using any of the scoped weapons a right pain in the ass when they should be the most fun part, given that it's a game about assassination. This is such an obvious problem I can't think how they failed to fix it before release.

Maybe it's a "feature" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

How do the scenarios compare to the first game? I heard somewhere that its all a bit bland in that area when compared to the first one. Is that true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I borrowed it off a mate who was stupid enough to buy it so I could have a quick look at it, that's all it deserved imho.....

[edit] hmm I'm feeling generous tonight [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well ive only played the training mission and it had nice graphics and a few nice touches! But ive still to play any more of it, been too busy for such things!

ok played it a bit more and it is as hard as the first but it is better, well it would want to be.

Better control system and intresting missions, though im only on the second one! It takes me ages to play games so i get value for money!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

For the bandwith challenged, there's a demo available for Hitman 2 on this months Pc Format.

Personally, I dispise the vast majority of 3rd person viewpoint games and didn't like the first Hitman at all. So there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

also a demo of hitman 2 on issue 09 of the official xbox magazine (uk).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Played the demo, didnt like it tbh,

1st person wud have appealed more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

you can toggle between 3rd and 1st person mode ( white button on xbox pad ), i played the demo and liked it + my younger brother just bought it , so i'll borrow it from him for a few days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

I got PC Format to-day but I can't get the demo to run.

Epox 8KHA+ Athlon 1700XP
    384MB DDR
    GeForce 3Ti 200 (latest drivers)
    40GB HDD
    WinXP (Home Edition)
    Creative Sound Blaster PCI 128.

All other games work perfectly; SOF2/MOHAA/RTCW.

Any ideas folks?

Mick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Just got it fixed. Seems that PCI 128 sound card has a problem if running at "full acceleration."

Click start/run/dxdiag: under sound turn down the acceleration to basic or standard. I went to standard.

Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Got this on Friday. Have to say I like it alot. On the 3rd mission (ie. 2nd St. Petersburg mission) and it's a pain in the ass. Anyone get through this mission yet ?

im on the 1sr peters burg mission and im finding it very hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

for the park meeting what I did was kill the nearest guard, take his uniform and strolled over to the church (in the east i think). Keep your weapons holstered and stroll around, and the guards wont approach you. There's a guy in the bell-tower, you can sneak up on him and slit his throat, then you have a nice overview of the park with your sniper rifle. Wait till the generals stop to talk, then shoot one in the head. The second will leg it, so you'll have to pick him off on the move.

However I seem to remember pretty much every gaurd in the map then stormed the church, and I had to mow them down coming up the stairs. Earned me yet another 'Mass Murderer' rating :D

you can also use the bombs behind the boxes to blow up their cars. use the sewers to get to the cars, its much easier. (you also get to strangle a limo driver taking a piss)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Thanks for the tips, although eventually got through myself using the bell tower method. I also seem to get mass murderer rating's in pretty much all levels. I'm on the first snow mission now, and this is a royal pain in the goolies. I picked up the crossbow by the truck however where do you go to get the 2nd mission briefing is beyond me.

Advertisement