Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTV Average Activation Time

• 08-10-2002 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

A friend of mine got a Scottish FTV card last week. Three days after requesting activation, still no channels, apart from the ones you get without any card.

Called the activation number again at 2pm today, they took the details again, and said they would send out a stronger signal. Almost 9pm now, and no channels (not even ITV/C4).

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    Could it just be a faulty card?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Could be, but give it the full 24 hours before you know for sure, and remember not to plug in your normal Sky sub card and leave the box turned on overnight.

Best of luck,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

You should get ITV and CH4/CH5 within an hour of activation.
    BBC 2 and Choice/BBC 4 follow soon afterwards.
    BBC 1 arrives up to 23 hours later.
    This has been the sequence on my four FTV cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yeah that was the same with me.ITV C4 5 all in with the hour but BBC 1 took all night. At least i got to see Corrie.

If i left the card out of the box for a long while and it need activation agin would i have to wait 24hrs for BBC 1 again.

I dont use it much lately but nice to have all the same. Its handy for fridays nights when "they thinks its all over starts earlier on BBC1 than BBC1 NI.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It is quite possible that you have a faulty card. Happened to me on two or three ocassions and I just got back on to the BBC and a replacement was sent out straight away.

One thing that I will say was that each time the replacement was sent out, when I put the card into the box it became activated within seconds with out a phone call. So make sure when the card comes that you put it into the box that you intend using it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Yes, I got a faulty card once and had to get them to send out a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

A brief update - I called the activation centre again this morning. A really helpful guy was on the line.

He said a failure notice was on his screen, ie my card hadn't activated,

He then explained that they had new state-of-the art software that should allow the signal to activate within minutes, with the exception of BBC1.

He said they could still activate using the 'old' method, if there was any problems with the new system.

He took my details again, tried to activate, and within seconds he told me it had registered as 'successful' on his monitor. When the box was checked a few minutes later, all channels were on, except BBC1.

Interesting...

Well thats it,BBC1 should be on it as well by tomorrow morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

my card was working within 5 minutes with the exception of BBC1 which took a day and a half. probably because i put my Sky card back in for Saturday night

Advertisement