Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

walk out protest on today...

• 09-10-2002 9:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

i ment to post this earlyier but i forgot.Today at 2pm all the collages in Limerick have organised a walkout in protest of the proposed increasement of collages fees to c. €3000.The plan is walk out at 2pm and march to the juction of williams st and o c onnell st,we expect in the region of 3000 to 4000 people to be there, so if you are going to collage in limerick come along and support a good cause. msg to mods i am posting this also in the midwest region section please feal free to move/delete if you feal it is unsuitable

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The Pinky

Well Done Dude, Stand Up For The Students Right!

Are there any plans for Galway to host one???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'd do it.

Get some more streakers too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Just to say that UCD's protest is on tues 15/10 at 3pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Just to say that TCD's is next tue's on @ 1pm in da front square

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Yeah ya gicks, protest all ye want. If I have to pay 3670 per year for my education,then ye shud suffer .
    Law - Griffith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

Originally posted by Grimes
    Yeah ya gicks, protest all ye want. If I have to pay 3670 per year for my education,then ye shud suffer .
    Law - Griffith

ummm.... i think the whole point of this is that you shouldn't have to pay €3670 a year- nobody should! if anyone, you should be the ones most enthusiastic about trying to get fees lowered and grants raised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

BRILLIANT!!! Why in gods name is IT-Tallaght always left out of the loop?

Our Student Union Need a boot up the áss to get organised. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by Grimes
    Law - Griffith

Er, you pay 3670 per year because Griffith College is a private college. You didn't have to go there. You must have a rich daddy :p

We had our protest in carlow IT last tuesday. Marched from the college to the Carlow Co. Council offices and made lots of noise :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yes somebody has to pay for it, the people who got paid through college by the government and now pay for it in a later form :)
    It's just like a delayed loan.
    Great system, FF would really just be moronic to do this, they would lose so much of their votes to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

If Colleges introduced fees then they would be able to provide a better service and would free up money for the government ect ect you know where im going with this...............
    Viva Le Grimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

what you say is true grimes but i wouldnt care as i wouldnt be able to afford to go anymore

Advertisement